• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Ebay seeds "Bhut Jolokia" Grow, start to finish.

icon_smile.gif

19 days old. Most just received their first dose of fertilizer. I found stippling on all the older leaves and was not able to find any trace of the culprits, being that I found the scars after a few days of scattered rain and there was no new marks for a few days now, I figured it's droplet/sun damage.
19daysold2.jpg
19daysold4.jpg

19daysold1.jpg

I made a limestone powder insecticide just in case and tested it on this plant yesterday, the spots are dry, so far so good.
19daysold3.jpg

These plants receive light from dawn up until noon, which is all I can give them from my angle. I plan on repotting the best ones in 3 gallon pots in a few days.
cheers.gif

From what i've read, I basically have to wait till it blooms. unless someone else here can give a positive I.D. without buds.

I hope it's Bhut Jolokia but something is telling me they're habaneros
pray.gif

This is crazy!!! lol. :crazy: I have had some Sweet Banana peppers growing for about 22 days now and they don't even have there full set of true leaves yet. You must really be doing something right. :(

...or something has gone very wrong with yours.
I'm ordering bhut jolokia seeds from a reputable dealer right now and am going to grow at least 2 of these out just in case.

What do you guys guess it is?

These are Bhut Jolokias I sowed 4 days ago. Seed source is unknown from an ebay seller, hopefully they are Bhut Jolokias. I planted the seeds in a mixture of peat, perlite, composted bark and lime powder. Watered with pH balanced distilled water and set outside Florida weather with a current mean temp of around 85'F. Sprouted 3 days later.

Yeah seems awefully quick to me for superhots as well. This is my second year growing them and none have sprouted faster than close to 10 days, which leads me to believe they may not be true.
I have 1 packet of Bhut seeds left over from last year and if you shoot me a PM with your addy, I will gladly mail them to you for nothing. They came from the lot that my plants this year are from.

While I'm generally inclined to agree with you, there are exceptions. I've happened across a few reputable sellers. Usually their commitment to authenticity is apparent in the product descriptions. Descriptions like those found on Hirts, or obvious "hobby" growers who don't specify breeding true or mention isolation techniques are the ones I'd try to watch out for.
I have to agree on this one, however I am sort of partial since I sell seeds on EBay in the winter, but I do sell ACTUAL seeds taken from ACTUAL Bhut Jolokia peppers I have grown myself.I dont Isolate, but all my plants I am growing this year are growing true to shape from last year's plant and yes they were Bhuts then as well. I know this pecause they all have pods on them now, small but still Bhut shaped.

Yeah seems awefully quick to me for superhots as well. This is my second year growing them and none have sprouted faster than close to 10 days, which leads me to believe they may not be true.
I have 1 packet of Bhut seeds left over from last year and if you shoot me a PM with your addy, I will gladly mail them to you for nothing. They came from the lot that my plants this year are from.
You're awesome, but I just ordered a packet from peppergal.com who grows here in FL. I would still take a few seeds just for variety and send some of what I get from peppergal.
cheers.gif

This ebay person has been making alot of money on these seeds and customers are quick to give a positive review based on shipping speed alone. I've contacted other customers to see if they got what they paid for...

Hope i didnt step on your tail or anything, but i was just stating my observation.

IMHO, germination time isnt a good indicator of species, as i do get my bhuts up in 4-5days as well and my annums (cayennes , hungarian hot wax, tabs) in the same amount of time.

Anyways, your seedlings are looking good and healthy. For me, i just love any chili peppers that i can get and grow.
Happy growing and have fun!

Wow, hello half strength only. Plus, ur babies are so young. If I you I would use 1/3 str. I use 1/2 str on fully mature plants.

I don't think theyre Bhut, first 2 true sets of leaves are totally OOFFFFF.

Back