• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Ebay seeds "Bhut Jolokia" Grow, start to finish.

Unleashed, I picked-up some Bhut seeds from what looked like a reputable seller from eBay late last year. They're still at the seedling stage, but the leaves are wide, heart-shaped, and noticeably larger than some orange habs seedlings planted at the same time. I've got my fingers crossed, but at least they look chinense.

But my point is, they don't look anything like yours. In fact, the leaves on yours look like some of the annuums I have grown!

If you haven't already, I would plant some of those "known good" seeds you got f/PepperGal. You can just grow 'em in containers for now - with your climate, you should have no problem overwintering them if needed. You may even end up with some fresh Bhuts for Christmas! :cool:

@Matt50680 - the second link in your sig doesn't work.

What the @#$% happend here?!
wall.gif
I was afraid the short Florida photo period would induce flowering from seed and it seems that's the case here, but is it? I thought pepper plants did not flower according to short days? This was one thing in the back of my head that kept me from wasting huge pots of soil for each plant.

The plants receive 5 hours direct morning sunlight, currently 13.5 hours total light, budding now after 30 days. Temps range from 75-95*F. Humidity 80-90%.
WTF happened? Small size due to auto flowering under less than ideal conditions other than photo period?
think.gif
Good thing i'll learn with these now. Next batch will get increased day lengh unless there's another reason causing this.

day31006.jpg
day31004.jpg

Unleashed, I picked-up some Bhut seeds from what looked like a reputable seller from eBay late last year. They're still at the seedling stage, but the leaves are wide, heart-shaped, and noticeably larger than some orange habs seedlings planted at the same time. I've got my fingers crossed, but at least they look chinense.

But my point is, they don't look anything like yours. In fact, the leaves on yours look like some of the annuums I have grown!

If you haven't already, I would plant some of those "known good" seeds you got f/PepperGal. You can just grow 'em in containers for now - with your climate, you should have no problem overwintering them if needed. You may even end up with some fresh Bhuts for Christmas! :cool:

@Matt50680 - the second link in your sig doesn't work.

They sure don't look like any Bhuts I've seen either.
Pepper gal Bhuts been in the dirt for 6 days now. Also, Matt's Bhuts went in the dirt today along with another awesome member's TS Butch T's and Brain Strain
woohoo.gif
but those last two are another thread.

Maybe the "fact" that they are not Bhuts are a reason for them flowering so early?

Last post before I cancel my account. This forum isn't what I expected. Not getting much positive help or input here from other members and trying to get it is like pulling teeth. Those that have given me seeds, i'll keep in touch.
bye_smiley.gif

Last post before I cancel my account. This forum isn't what I expected. Not getting much positive help or input here from other members and trying to get it is like pulling teeth. Those that have given me seeds, i'll keep in touch.
bye_smiley.gif

Funny, looks like pages of posts of people helping you and offering advice and people have even sent you seeds. Not sure what more expecting from forum, massages perhaps? Good luck!

:violin:

A response like that was expected. The growing section of this forum is just too slow, etc ,etc, compared to others. All i've learned here is what Trippa told me. And sadly, I get more private messages than responses on the exposed thread.
Also, my Bhut from peppergal sprouted in 7 days, in contrast to what most have told me here.
snooty.gif

8-4-11peppergalbhuts004.jpg

.. patiently waiting to get the boot...

Back