• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Ebay seeds not growing true.... SHOCKER

So when I started last year I bought three variety of seeds from the best place on earth to get them, Ebay.
(JK guys calm down).

Anyways seedling tray was knocked over and everything was all mixed up. Reaper, Chocolate Habanero, and White Habanero are what they are supposedly supposed to be.. Now Im not even sure if its any of the three.

PLEASE people do not tell me that it looks like I have a F-ing orange habanero plant. The reason I started all this was because of how tired I am of the orange habanero.

If it is then lie to me. Thank you.

Here is the most mature pod as of now
20150404_123524_zps5hchiqnd.jpg
[/URL]

Pic of the pods just starting

What do you think guys still too soon?

The trichomes (hairs) on the underside of the leaves remind me of Naga Morich and/or Primo.  I have only ever seen those trichomes on Naga Morich as well as Primo.  It could be that these have Naga in them or possibly even Primo (which has Naga in it).

So i ate the first ripe pod. It had very sharp heat. Though the heat did not linger for very long like a super would. It was pretty small and deformed so maybe that had something to do with it.

Yellowfin2na said:
I totally thought this as well! Are you pretty certian??

Well unfortunately you can never be sure.. The Brain Strain did originate from a 7 Pot somewhere along the line so shape and texture can always have similarities .. Shape / Flavour / Texture together = a BS not any one thing.. But at a glance I would say yes.. It strongly points at a BS

The problem I have found with eBay seed generally is not that you will get the 'wrong' variety, it's that you get a low pheno quality of a variety.. Someone out there grows them in bulk and throws all the seeds together, wether there's an off pheno or a cross, the seeds just get put together and sold ... and to make things worse they grab a web photo of the best looking pheno of that pepper around on the web that doesn't represent their product.

Result is you grow a smaller weaker less vibrant pepper with a lesser quality shape that disappoints...

Especially for things like Brain Strains , Reapers and things that can have a very defined shape..

Where if you buy from a Pepper Head that sells seed the passion they have is passed onto the purchaser in the form of better genetic quality... Where plants and seed stock is refined over the years and anomalies and bad genetics rooted out and discarded.

I personally separate my seeds from significantly different pheno's of the same variety and photograph the pods so I know what the previous plants pods looked like for future reference.  

*** All that being said I believe what you have is a Brain Strain, wether its a slightly off pheno with less definition of the standard BS quality's only time will tell... I still think you will have nice pods..

Back