• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Eclipse

axle_eclipse.jpg

No photos....I was too into the moment to screw with my phone. There are so many photos that are so much more than I could have taken anyway. But I'm telling you....if I live another 50 years...I will never see anything more spectacular or awe-inspiring! It was like God just instantly shut off the lights....and the stars came out! And the sun had this giant silver halo around it....and for two minutes...it was like the entire solar system was looking directly down on us!

Tried to convince the wife to take a trip to Nashville for it, that would have been awesome. Still pretty sweet hanging out on the beach instead. It was crazy how much the temperature dropped though. Did the pinhole thing, all the stores were sold out of eclipse glasses and I wasn't gonna bring my speedglas to the beach.

well, we drove for 7 hours, got there, and it was still cloudy :mope:

this blurry little ring was the best pic i got :(

4hsPoky.jpg
Pathetic compared to the skills Dragonsfire has with the camera  I know :mope: but it was the best i got, so I thought i'd share it anyway :)

it was a fun road trip, there and back in less than 24 hours, even though the weather in Kansas and Nebraska was cloudy and rainy it was still a nice short trip, and i had fun :)

looking forward to seeing all your great pics dragonsfire 

:cheers:

Back