• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense El Sucre Fuergo (C. Chinense) seed germination question

Anyone get these to sprout? I'm at 0% so far with my 6 seeds I sowed. Considering I had 95%+ germination with all I started, I have to blame the supplier's seed so far. We'll see. I sowed more. I'm hoping to hear someone here had success. I just know they'll be hotter than a 7 pot. lol. :)

Chris

I've been busy so haven't got these going yet but will do that today and see what happens...for the price you'd think they'd have good seed.

I had been given some of these El Sucre Fuego seeds by a friend. mine have not sprouted either however, I did some research when I got the seeds because I had never heard of this type of pepper. What I determined was that there is no pepper named El Sucre Fuego (C. Chinense) and the only reference to this name is by the guy who sells them on the localharvest website or by people who have gotten them from him or passed them on to others either way all roads lead back to the localharvest site. so basically this guy has discovered a new pepper or he's full crap and just made up the name and is selling seeds from some other C.Chinense varity. either way its scam imo. heres a link to a thread I started here asking about it a few weeks ago

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?16791-El-Sucre-Fuego&p=307508&highlight=#post307508

I suspect they may actually be AJI RURRENABAQUE

I buy seeds from same supplier when you posted on the forum & email those people they never email me back I even tell those suppliers that the seeds was kind burn & most of seeds was crush or to much on sun they never respond to my email, never going to buy anything from those people ever again, I even send you some & Claudio when I got those,% germination rate is shame the some people try to sell bad seeds like that.

it's a damn shame a company would have the guts to sell garbage like this. it can't be like they didn't know. :( I'm so sorry for stirring up any interest in this variety. I had no idea the sellers would not be reputable.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
:( I'm so sorry for stirring up any interest in this variety. I had no idea the sellers would not be reputable.s

You got nothing to be sorry about not your fault, this stuff happens all the time your not the only one whos had this happen, Ive fell for this similar stuff and so has alot of other people on here. nothing wrong with taking a chance on something "new". kinda like buying a lottery ticket, ya gotta be in it to win it lol, and one day it just might be an actual winner.

as I posted earlier I think its a good chance that the "el sucre fuego" is actually a "AJI RURRENABAQUE" which is not a bad thing anyway, it matches both description and photo, (except for the part being hotter then a 7 pod) :) the Aji Rurrenabaque is from the sucre region of boliva so along with matching description and photo this is a strong possibility perhaps the sucre fuego name is a local bolivian nickname or slang for it, or it could just be what the seller of said seed decided to call it .

Well, the seller responded to me....see below. So no one here has contacted this company about the poor germination rates? :) Threaten was a harsh word. I just said I would spread the knowledge that these seeds have 0% germination. I'm happy to be the first to reverse any comments if they do come up. Based on the seed color and apparent drying technique, it's not likely though. Who knows. I've been shocked by what germinated from seed in T&T!

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

"Dear Chris,

We are sorry that you are not happy with the El Fuego seed. In our email to you on Dec. 18, 2009 (attached below) we stated that these seeds were slow to germinate and we were getting about 70% in an earlier field test we did.

As we take pride in treating our customers fairly and want them to be satisfied, we will be happy to refund your full purchase price of the seed. You mentioned that 10 others have also complained; however, your complaint is the first one that we have received.

We are sorry that you felt that you had to threaten us as the seed we sell was grown and harvested from our own plants. Misrepresentation is not what we do and we have clearly stated the origin of the seed. yield date, rate of germination of the seed we are selling in the information sheet we supply each customer when the seed is sent or by email."

Marnie Semple
The Sweet Habanero

No have not complained, couldn't be bothered. As said earlier you win some you loose some. Its unfortunate that there are a few loose somes though.
Perhaps I will when I have time but I don't think I spent that much on them.
When I was dealing with them though they were nice people and tried being helpful too. Perhaps something went wrong that they are unaware of? I don't like assuming the worst of people straight away.

I can understand the slow germination however I wish they would have address the issue with the name of seed because that name "el sucre fuego" doesnt exsist anywhere other then on their site. I wish they would call it what it is, I believe it to be Aji Rurrenabaque from the Sucre region of Boliva. but it would be nice to know what it is for sure.

Aji Rurrenabaque
aji-rurrenabaque.jpg

Supposed "El Sucre Fuego"
prod_19456_13090.jpg

I don't think they are going to change names. I called them out and told them that what they are selling as 7 Pot is not. I don't believe they changed the name or took it off the sales list.

cmpman1974 said:
I don't believe they changed the name or took it off the sales list.

Nope they didnt take either phoney peppers off their sales list, they just have both the scure fuego and 7pod listed as now "Out of Stock" lol

I put 6 seds in a coffee filter on 2/26/10. Just checked them and not a sign of life. Personally if Chris and WFA couldn't get them to grow I doubt if I'll have any luck.

I did get one out of five to germ on my first batch.However, it died shortly there after.I'm starting a second batch but have extreme doubts about these.I can't say that I didn't have some doubts when I bought these though anyway.I guess ya win some and ya lose some.If they do germinate I'm sure they will be the hottest chili ever known to man!lmao!

Hey Chris look what the local harvest send me:
Dear Vladan,

I am sorry for any delay in responding to you as this is the first we heard that you were unhappy with your seed purchase. We explain in both our listing and in the flyer we send on this particular seed that it is slow to germinate and we were getting about 70% in an earlier field test we did.

As we take pride in treating our customers fairly and want them to be satisfied, we will be happy to refund your full purchase price of the seed. We did have one other complaint on this particular seed not germinating and have taken the seed off market until we are able to check it out ourselves.

The seed we sell is grown and harvested from our own plants. Misrepresentation is not what we do, we clearly state the origin of the seed. yield date, rate of germination of the seed we are selling in the information sheet we supply each customer when the seed is sent or by email as well as on each seed packet.

Your refund will be sent through Local Harvest and you should receive it shortly. Once the seed are checked and if they are found viable we will send you another packet free of charge.

We are sorry for any incovenience and if you need to contact us please email us directly at thesweethabanero@gmail.com and we will respond right away.

Marnie Semple
The Sweet Habanero

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu, Feb 25, 2010 01:51:29 PM
To: webmaster@localharvest.org
Subject: Other
Hi
I buy some seeds of El Sucre Fuego little over month ago so I put the seeds in soil
the same day I receive from you guys never nothing germinate % germination rate.I
want to know if you sending me replacement of same variety ( good ) seeds not burn
or chushed.
Thank you!

Back