• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce EL Yucateco Chile Habanero Hot Sauce

imaguitargod said:
I went to the Downtown Los Angeles market, small shops there (almost liek a farmer's market). You can order these off the net too.

This brand is pretty widespread. Almost all the Mexican food eateries in town has these, and they're a much better option than anything that says Tabasco on it.

Sysco foods distribute this stuff i just saw it yesterday in their HQ in Virginia...and the green one...wooowwww it is NEON green..!!!! so i pick it up a couple of botles and they allright.. not too bad for the price, unfortunatly they use lots of preseervatives in it...

Got to admit, the Green is hotter, but the color puts me off on certain foods. I like the red better, probably becaue of that.

fdaniels said:
I don't know about weddington, but in the Thomasville area, I buy this stuff at Food Lion.

Just look around a little. If your local supermarket doesn't carry it, look around for a "Tienda"

Frank

frank, thanks for the suggestion! i actually did find it that friday, and then i took it to the beach and ate about half the bottle. pretty good tasty stuff. cheap too, only 1.79 at food lion.

is the green chile version any good?

ross said:
hm.. not sure why you say that?
Quoting form the review:
"After applying it way too liberally to a burrito in a drunken stupor one night, I ended up watery eyed and running for more beer (which didn’t help the drunken stupor part and just spread the heat more evenly). "

This is a fairly well commercialized sauce that is found in many Mexican restaurants down South as well as in many supermarkets nationwide. To me I don't like it so much but my friend in TN does. To me the flavor is lacking something and the heat isn't to my standards.

Cheers,

Yess Goood sauce

maybe the links is pointing to the wrong sauce now but if you are talking about this sauce hereit is one of my 2 favorite mainstream commercial sauces. very nice pepper flavour and good heat but of course the mainstream sauces will only go so hot. I find many of the specialty sauces arent up to the extra money always asked so i tend to only try them with a recomendation.

But i am usually eating my own home made sauces.

:bday::clap:

koolguymike said:
maybe the links is pointing to the wrong sauce now but if you are talking about this sauce hereit is one of my 2 favorite mainstream commercial sauces. very nice pepper flavour and good heat but of course the mainstream sauces will only go so hot. I find many of the specialty sauces arent up to the extra money always asked so i tend to only try them with a recomendation.

But i am usually eating my own home made sauces.

;):clap:
I just //link removed, against rules// fixed the link. Talk about an old topic, wow. Well, the one you have is not the one I reviewed, but I actually passed up on that particular sauce for the ingredients and color (actually, one in the same).

A market around me has the bright green and red ones. I always have a couple of these around just for emergencies. I love this stuff. A couple of months ago I found the XXX version of their sauce and finished it almost that day. It's more of a brown color. The stuffs cheap and does the job. Also, I have a mexican restaurant around the corner from me that put it on the tables. Imaguitargod, you live close to me, have you ever heard of the place, La Cabanita?

I used up a bottle of this sauce "el yucateco" awhile ago but it was the red hab version(I dont like green sauces). & yea its priced right (? $1.50 - $2 ?)
but I wasnt so thrilled about the flavour, dont get me wrong it wasnt completely nasty just IMO its a sauce that needs to be mixed into other foods you're cooking so you dont taste it fully.(Ex. chilli - spagetti sauce) its a sauce I wouldnt sit down & eat the sauce on some chips.
the heat is good.

Back