• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce EL Yucateco Chile Habanero Hot Sauce

Necrocannibal said:
Just found El Yucateca Chipotle sauce, it was damn good.

Oh, hell yeah it is. It and the Bufalo chipotle sauce are awesome. It's not hot at all, though(however, a few good drops of jersey death mixed in will certainly correct that oversight).

I love these sauces also. At one time I could get them here at Walmart but havent seen them, there in a while. They also put them on the tables at most our Mexican restaurants here.
At the local restaurant I frequent I ask them for a hotter salsa. They go in the back and bring out a greenish salsa that is clearly just their salsa mixed probably 6040 with green El Yucateco. I love it.

I agree that the el yucateca chipotle & bufalo chipotle sauces are great tasting! the el yucateca is better though IMO.
great for using as steak or burger sauce.

i knew there would be a thread about this stuff on here. i love el yucateco, ESPECIALLY the green. it's perfect on chicken and aside from the coloring ingredients, it seems to be fairly simple and straightforward with a great habanero flavor. has anyone here tried to replicate this stuff? if so, i'd love the recipe.

ah yes "KUTBIL IK DEE"!! MAYAN RECIPE

HAD IT AGAIN JUST RECENTLY AT MY FAVORITE MEXICAN RESTAURANT WITH "POLO TAPATIO", ITS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST TASTING PRODUCTION SAUCES OUT THERE

IT LOOKS LIKE BABY VOMIT BUT IT TASTES ALMOST LIKE A FRESH HAB

oh sorry i was shouting didn't realize it

there green sauce is so green it looks like it has been stored near a nuclear reactor.i dont think its as good as the Mayan recipe (IMHO)

another good one is "CARIBBEAN HEAT" DEFIANTLY A GREAT PRODUCTION SAUCE its a very appetizing sauce for presentation and flavor, if you never had it try it and prepare to be impressed

i make my own sauces so i know what im looking for these two have it

thanks your friend ajijoe

Bumping an old thread but after milling about the hotsauce isle for a bit I decided to grab a bottle of the Mayan El Yucateca. I've had the neon green one and wasn't impressed but this particular one was pleasantly surprising. Honestly reminded me of LDHS black label minus some of the heat. Very good sauce i'm happy with the purchase. Much better than a lot of commercial sauces I've been trying lately. 

^^^^^^LOVE this stuff!!!!!^^^^^^

Purchased it for years from a Mexican market in WA, and then recently puchased a case of 12 from a local Mexican restaurant in Idaho for $1.25 each! Sweet deal. The price on Amazon is outrageous, so if you're in the market, check locally.

The green is good too.

Just tried the Caribbean for the first time last week after spotting it while looking around the local Mexican grocer (must have overlooked all these years as I was always focused on getting the Mayan version). I really liked it..much hotter than I expected joined with great flavor! If you haven't, try it as well. The Black label goes great with beans, rustic style soups, or anything you want to have a pure full on smoke/charred flavor - don't expect any real heat though..just smoke! 

I have a bottle of the el Yucateco Red Chile Habanero, and the flavor and heat are pretty good, but I never use it because the red food coloring is a major turn off. I don't know if they use ripe orange or green chiles to make the sauce, then use FD&C rojo 40 for color.... but they shoulda just used rojo, ripe peppers.

17323363261_e2cc80fe89_b.jpg

Phil said:
I have a bottle of the el Yucateco Red Chile Habanero, and the flavor and heat are pretty good, but I never use it because the red food coloring is a major turn off. I don't know if they use ripe orange or green chiles to make the sauce, then use FD&C rojo 40 for color.... but they shoulda just used rojo, ripe peppers.

17323363261_e2cc80fe89_b.jpg

yea that's why I don't like the green sauce either, too much food coloring. Looks gross and unnatural. That's what drew me to the mayan. Didn't have any coloring in it. 

El Yucateco isn't the best hot sauce I've ever tasted but I like it a lot and factor in its available pretty much everywhere. That makes it my favorite.

Back