• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Enjoyed ..Tex ~Super hot tamales

Just wanted to share with Yall an extremelly fascinating expeience in the area of hot & spicy food .This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow forum member Tex aka. Cowboy
I wanted to see what the extreme of a pepper growers passion for hot peppers is all about . Well to my surprise its much more than I expected . This young man made some hot tamales ... I mean literally !!!I have heard of hot tamales but this was an understatement until I tasted Omar's cooking .. Really !!!
He made a typical Mexican entree but to the next lwvwl by using superhot peppers in the recipe. He delighted me with some mouth watering "borrachos" which typically use jalapenos or other mild peppers in which are eaten after a hangover is what I have heard .
Well he added a twist .. to the batter he used 13 scorpion butch t strain 1 moruga blend and 1 fattalii yellow and the recipe calls for Chile de arbol for color and flavor if that wasn't enough peppers.
OMG !!! It was so hott I cried when he transferred the pepper puree to the batter ..
It was very delicious the combination of pork meat sauteed but the bonus was of course the heat in every bite.

Just wanted.to share the pictures of "borrachos Scorpion Butch T." Overall, wow I am truley amazed!!
Can't wait.to have my own superhott pods to make a batch of hot tamales
If you want I might get Tex to share the recipe.

imagejpeg_0_10.jpg

IMAG4616.jpg

IMAG4615.jpg

Thank you all for being to kind and sweet.

Thank you members of this forum for being super helpful !!!
_Especially thank you Tex for sharing your family recipe and time !!

Looking forward to.learning so much more
~Sassyhott <3

That Borracho Tamale looks might good n hot! Can't wait till I get to taste them myself...I'll make sure I have a box of tissues handy. ; )

Back