• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Epic Fail!!!

So, this was supposed to be my first growing season. I have been collecting and trading seeds since July of last year. I sowed my seeds in in a 72 pellet Jiffy dome with Jiffy pellets, three seeds per pellet, used a heat mat, and had 70 of my 72 pellets sprout many of them with more than one seedling per pellet. Now that most had sprouted I removed the dome lid and placed them under my lights. Things were looking awesome.

Then comes the EPIC FAIL. I went on a backpacking trip with some friends and left instructions for my wife to water the pellets as I had been doing. When I came home last night every pellet was bone dry and almost every seedling was dead. Many of the varieties I only had 10 seeds for and I planted 9. What a disaster!!! Now to decide if I pick up, dust off and retry this season or if I throw in the towel.

How frustrating!!!

that's a hard lesson to learn...dang, I am sorry...

with me, once I plant the first seed usually January 1st, I don't leave the house for more than 48 hours and water really good before I do leave...those jiffy pellets dry out way too fast IMO....

Dang that sucks and that is one reason I stoped using jiffy pellets, I'm sure if you would of put the dome back on you could of gone long enough without watering, ahhhh don't let a girl do the work unless she knows how

You didn't say if there were some that seed didn't pop in. I am an optimist and would soak with water, put lid on and see. At this point anything would be better. You do still have time to start over. Go to http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/27752-justaguys-2012-garden-season look at the list and PM me with any you want some of (this offer is for nmorris279) and if I still have some to spare(most of them) I will get them to you. Then remember flesh is not a good fertilizer so no burying in the garden after texas blues comes to visit :rofl: j/k on that note

if the pellets dried out enough to kill the plants, you bet your sweet bippy the seeds are dead if they had started the germination process..

Just saying I have had ones that were buggers and took forever to pop. Just what I would do. Not saying I wouldn't get another tray started if I got a hold of more seeds. Like I said I am an optimist especially when it comes to stuff that looks doomed.

And I would bet my sweet bibby but it took me too long to get her back after that last time I lost her. Learned my lesson there :lol:

Start up another one dude, you know that your methods work and that you will have equaled success if done the same way again. I am just starting mine out, you have plenty of time. I have a lot of seeds left over too. If you need any I'd be happy to send you some out. PM me if you don't get everything from the list JAG has linked you too...it happens man, blow off the steam and F some chit up. :hell:

Brain Strain 7
Jonah 7
Yellow 7
Chocolate Bhut
Peach Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Douglah
Naga Morich
Chocolate Scorpion

Tepin
Pekin
White Habanero
CGN 21500
Fatalii Yellow
Fatalii White
Aji Lemon Drop
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Bonda Ma Jacques
Datil
Long Chocolate Habanero

I don't know how many times my wife has caught me running late for work because I was making the rounds checking on plants and watering. She always reminds me that I don't have to be late, I can just have her do it for me... :snooty:

Sorry, man. I agree with everybody - give it another go,
and also wait and see what happens to the ones that
didn't die.

Look on the bright side, I killed all mine all y myself.....

Take a look at my GLOG on the first entry if there is anything you want I'll send em your way if I have some left.

But must move on and Replant! It has worked decently for me.

WOW! I posted this and left for work and I come back to all of this. I love this forum. It's full of awesome people. I am going to take a look at what seeds I have left and I just might hit those of you that offered seeds up for a few.

I am going for round two. I will only be a few weeks behind where I was I guess and I would rather have a light season than no season at all this year.

Thanks again for the generosity and words of encouragement everyone.

I don't trust anyone with my plants ever.. have learnt that hard lesson. They just don't know how to look after them as well as you do generally.

that freaking sucks......im always scared when i go on field exercises that my wife is going to kill my plants on purpose because she thinks im to crazy about them...but if she ever did then i believe i can make excellent fertilizer out of her body for my next plants :whistle: im just kidding i couldnt do that to her or could I :shh: :twisted: :think: :crazy:

Back