• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Epic Fail!!!

Today's update: 2 new sprouts from the seeds that were so kindly given to me. 1 Tepin and 1 Barackapore. Woohoo. Round 2 is warming up!

nmorris,
It's always better to be a few weeks late...than a few weeks early and get clobbered with a late frost when you transplant them. Still plenty of time to go.
Welcome back.
Pepper Joe

New tally is 14 sprouts. 2 Douglah X Trinidad Scorpion, 3 Peter Pepper, 2 Barackapore, 2 Jonah 7, 1 White 7, 1 Yellow 7, 3 Tepin (Sorry to rub it in Justaguy).

Still waiting on Fresno's, Moruga (or however you spell it) Scorpions, Jimmy Nardello, White Bhut, Red Lantern, Brain Strain red, Brain Strain yellow, Biker Billy's, Choc. Scorps, Chocolate Bhuts.

Today is the one week mark, so I am very happy with the turnout so far.

I also lost my whole first crop! but not to a negligent wife, to the cruelest mistress, mother nature. I grow in my garage and my seedlings were going well about 65 outta 72 cell tray and they were on their 2nd set of true leaves. unfortunately it got down into the teens with the wind chill down in the single digits. needless to say it got too cold and they all died. fortunately the overwinters were closer to the water heater and much tougher, or I might have lost them too! Anyway, I feel your pain!! but 2 days ago I started another 72 cell all the chinenses, mostly superhots :hell: :hell:

I'm excited that this will be my second year growing and my first with my new girlfriend. She got her PHD in bio chemistry and did her dissertation on chilli peppers at the Chile Pepper Institute in NM. So I guess I'm hoping she will compliment my project instead of destroying it. I have started with some Yellow Bhut Jolokia, Aji Lemon, Datil, Trinida Scorpion Cardi yellow(which I'm really excited about), Scotch Bonnett yellow and she surprised me with some Piquin, chile de Arbol, Cajamarca, and ornamental Numex Midnights(for my flower bed). All 21 seed cups popped up in 5-10 days. I'm about to remove the dome and put a light fan on them and have been checking and spraying every morning and every night. I can't wait to make hot sauce this year!!

Here is a quick update of the peppers that rose from the ashes.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks man. This is my first attempt at growing anything from seeds. There is a lot of reward in seeing them grow.

JMHO, but I got a 72 cell made by Burpee and on the package it said it would go 10 days before you needed to add water to it. Reality I add water to it every 3 days however that's with it uncovered and outside in Orlando, FL, Picked it up from Lowes and didn't use the Peat pellets that came with it and you can look at my Glog to see how they're doing. I love them. You might consider something like it and it could give you those days to take off for some decompression. If you use it inside I bet you'd get closer to the 10 days with it.

Just a thought.
RM

Back