food Everythang' Tex-Mex!

Still addicted to fish and shrimp tacos. Last night I had some gulf shrimp and sea scallops. Wanted them crunchy but didn't want to fry them. Shelled the shrimps, cut the scallops in half (they were huge!) and tossed them into a bowl of Cacique Crema and sriracha and then into some plain bread crumbs. Popped 'em in teh oven @400 for about 8 minutes.

IMG_3360.jpg

The Sriracha 1000 just kills! Equal parts mayo and sriracha and sweet relish however much to taste. I don't measure anything.
Makes for a great fish taco sauce!

IMG_3361.jpg

I'm thinking catfish next...

Okay - I'm game. Banana leaves? Check. Achiote, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, garlic, chile pepper powder? Check. OJ and lime? Check. Pork shoulder? Check. Sounds like I'm ready! But yes, between marinading and slooooooooow cooking, no pics until tomorrow.

You have to have teh booze for real Tex-Mex preferably tequila. Nice crustaceans TB. No fry, no cheese, no hosky though? You going healthy again?

LOL - You KNOW I gots tequila! In the meantime, the humble beginnings of Cochinita Pibil:

Pork Shoulder
p1.jpg

Pork Shoulder in marinade:
p2.jpg

Marinade includes everything listed above 'cept the 'naner leaves. Used douglah powder this time.

Porkage and nana leaves...you go G! Possible tamale wrappage?

Jay ~ Healthy? Oh hells noes for teh holidays. Plenty o' hosky. You should see my garage!

Catfish taco time...

IMG_3364.jpg

Loves me some fried catfish TB - making tacos with it just ups the notch about 10!

Not tamales, just tortillas. And a double "just" because my press hasn't arrived yet. But it will!

Wow TB that looks fanastic! Forget marriage I may abduct you in the middle of the night and keep you in my shanty behind the wood pile

Here it is: Cochinita Pibil

Out of the heat:
p3.jpg

Onto da plate, avec black beans and okra:
p4.jpg

That's a corn tortilla topped with shredded cabbage, sauteed onions and bell pepper, tomatoes, and puerco puerco puerco:
p5.jpg

This will be on the menu again, fo sho!

I knew I never shoulda looked, DAMN -my stomachs got a hole in it as big as TEXAS DAMN IT -and I did the whole thread!Ya bastidge!!!
...course ya might share this Ela's way...just sayin...I did get me some Nov 8 SCREEN PIC THOUGH!
CHEERS AND BEERS-
DJ

Dern Toot'n! Geeme. Those some yummy lookin vittles. But hold those funny green things please. (Sorry Geeme... & Cajuns...)

Back