food Everythang' Tex-Mex!

Got my tex-mex on last night. Been making this for what now, 30 years? Cheezy shrimp burrito's.

Started sweating in a medium heat sauce pan with butter, minced gahlic, diced yellow onion, tomato, peno' and fresno chile's.

IMG_3484.jpg

Added some Fiesta brand chile powder, h tee oh and some cheapo Mahatma rice and brought to a simmer.

IMG_3486.jpg

Just before the rice was done, I had some bay shrimps I tossed in with the rice. Then splooged it with cream and mexi-blend of shredded queso.

IMG_3487.jpg

Have mercy! Rolled a fatty. Tasted like....like....like....AWESOMENESSESSESS!!

IMG_3489.jpg

Next time, I eat P-Funk.

Then splooged it with cream and mexi-blend of shredded queso.

BUSTED Mr. "Queso only means one thing in TX." Shredded queso! Correct!
TB is saving queso! He jus' don't know it.

BUSTED Mr. "Queso only means one thing in TX." Shredded queso! Correct!
TB is saving queso! He jus' don't know it.

Chingao! I will never cede in teh great queso debate. Come at me again and I will taze you with Kraft brand Bacon Cheddar Spray Cheese!!

Chili con queso

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chile con queso (Spanish for "chile with cheese"), usually known simply as queso, is anappetizer or side dish of melted cheese and chile pepper typically served in Tex-Mexrestaurants.

BOOM!!!

Boom! Buy a shirt and reverse that. SAVE QUESO!

I guess I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but...

In Spanish (including Mexican) the word Queso means "Cheese", as most of us know it.
In English (Including Texan) the word Queso means "Cheese Dip/Sauce, as prepared by TB", as most of us know it.

They are homonyms (no homo).

Either way, buy a shirt.

I guess I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but...

In Spanish (including Mexican) the word Queso means "Cheese", as most of us know it.
In English (Including Texan) the word Queso means "Cheese Dip/Sauce, as prepared by TB", as most of us know it.

They are homonyms (no homo).

Either way, buy a shirt.

Bastige THP punked me on the shirt. Booooooo.

Dude, they are really easy. They just take time to do because you don't want to make say...just a dozen at a time. Any brand of masa flour will do and they all have good dough recipes right on the bag/box for tamales. One thing I do though is sub either crisco or canola oil for the lard. Another is instead of using water in the masa, I'll save the pork juices (that is if I'm making pork tamales) and use that in lieu of water. I'd also recommend chicken or beef stock over water also. Taste as you go. Too many times I've had tamales that while looked great, were as lame as a one legged dog.

Why don't you use lard? IMO tamales made with lard are a lot more moist and flavorful, as long as you're using good lard and not that white partially hydrogenated goop Armour sells in tubs at room temperature. I've made them with butter, oil, and lard and there's no comparison.

AB, lard is okay if you don't mind the unhealthy side of things. As I get older I try and use olive oil, canola, etc. as much as I can in lieu of less healthy alternatives.

I may just bring in some pre-made crispy box taco shells and use them in SoFlo's honor.

No shame, says the guy currently enjoying a busch light tall boy.
Let's see how hard you can rock a box of taco shells.

J- you gotta bring it bro! Everyone will be checkin in!

Back