free F1BC1 Free seed being offered

Scarlett X MF.  9/1/2020.

Attachments

• 9_1_Scarlett.JPG
    9_1_Scarlett.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 135
PollenNut said:
Love to see more pictures if you get time.

Scarletts Chilli X Pablano:
scarlet.jpeg

scarpab.jpeg

Cabai Burung Ungu X VSRP
cabaiburungungaxvsrp.jpeg

cabburxvsrp.jpeg

Excuse the mess.  Getting kinda crowded on the table.
The Scarletts X has some leaves curling.  I raised the light so hopefully that helps.  There is also a fruit starting on it.  I finger pollenated the flowers several times.  Both plants so I should start seeing more fruit appear soon.

I can see the proof in your seedlings Tybo. 

Scarlett's Chili being the mom lends a purple edge to the flower. The white in the center of your flower comes from Poblano. Expect the f2 to be variegated, but also expect that our work is not over. There are many traits that are polygenic and even simple mendelian traits require larger numbers to see the true magic that is hidden in this cross. Luckily for you, you have an f1 so you have all the magic that is to be had hidden in that one seedling. 

Attachments

• Fish x Biker Billy.JPG
    Fish x Biker Billy.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 139
Time for a pic update for the crosses.
Cabai Burung Ungu X.  Just now starting to fruit.  I was starting to think that wasn't gonna happen.  At first there wasn't any pollen.  Then when it did produce pollen, I manually pollenated but blooms would drop with no fruit setting.  Perseverance paid off though.  I kept using my finger to move pollen from one flower to another and back and forth until there is fruit!  Look at all of the pollen I have scattered on the leaves.

Cabpolleb.jpeg

The Scarletts Chilli X Pablano has a few peppers on it.  They are a deep purplish/green color.

ScarXPabfruit.jpeg

both.jpeg

Hey PollenNut.  What color are the mature (seed saving) pods supposed to be?  

Tybo said:
Time for a pic update for the crosses.
Cabai Burung Ungu X.  Just now starting to fruit.  I was starting to think that wasn't gonna happen.  At first there wasn't any pollen.  Then when it did produce pollen, I manually pollenated but blooms would drop with no fruit setting.  Perseverance paid off though.  I kept using my finger to move pollen from one flower to another and back and forth until there is fruit!  Look at all of the pollen I have scattered on the leaves.

attachicon.gif
Cabpolleb.jpeg

The Scarletts Chilli X Pablano has a few peppers on it.  They are a deep purplish/green color.

attachicon.gif
ScarXPabfruit.jpeg

attachicon.gif
both.jpeg

Hey PollenNut.  What color are the mature (seed saving) pods supposed to be?  

Scarlett's Chili x Poblano... both parents mature to red and as red is dominant we can't rule out other colors appearing, but I'd bet on red. With that being said, this is indeed one of my favorite crosses, but it has a lot of polygenic traits that will be hard earned to get back... but it can be done. The main thing is to get the f2 babies which will have some variegation in at least some of them. From there, the real work can begin and the real magic will slowly unfold.
Biker Billy x Tiger Jalapeno.JPG
Morangum x Scarlett's Chili.JPG
Capsicum annuum 'Fish Pepper' x C. annuum 'Scarlett's Chili'.JPG

I do this with just a single hand on my phone and the other hand pollinating.  I hope this makes it easy for those of you to follow who might want to try your own hand at this. For the record, this is today's attempt at a cross I have made several times already so we don't need these seeds, but one canever have too many seeds right?

PollenNut said:
Scarlett's Chili x Poblano... both parents mature to red and as red is dominant we can't rule out other colors appearing, but I'd bet on red. With that being said, this is indeed one of my favorite crosses, but it has a lot of polygenic traits that will be hard earned to get back... but it can be done. The main thing is to get the f2 babies which will have some variegation in at least some of them. From there, the real work can begin and the real magic will slowly unfold.
attachicon.gif

What do you mean "From there, the real work can begin"?
How many f2 plants are you thinking would have to be grown?

PollenNut said:
[font=comic sans ms']I do this with just a si[/font][font=Times New Roman']ngle [/size][/font][font=comic sans ms']ha[/font][font=Times New Roman']nd o[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']n my pho[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']ne a[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']nd the other ha[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']nd polli[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']nati[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']ng.  I hope this makes it easy for those of you to follow who might wa[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']nt to try your ow[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']n ha[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']nd at this. For the record, this is today's attempt at a cross I have made several times already so we do[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']n't [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']need these seeds, but o[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']ne ca[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']n [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']never have too ma[/size][/font][font=Times New Roman']ny seeds right?[/size][/font]

Pollen nut u don't like to take out the pollen from the anthers before pollination?
I've been seen better results by the years as u can take a lot more pollen and use it on many more flowers, also u don't loose a pod jeje
By my low experience I prefer to take it out on my finger that with a swab

Fermenting Spanishtan said:
U could have like 25% max variegations so at least I would pop 5 seeds
Mathematically, you have a 25% will be variegated via a punnett square... reality does not always work that way.

Tybo said:

What do you mean "From there, the real work can begin"?
How many f2 plants are you thinking would have to be grown?
It is not a matter of how many would have to be grown, but more of an understanding that the more plants one produces the more one can make meaningful selections.

Do you want the best out of a litter? Or do you want the best out of 25 litters? Variegation is just one trait you can select for, but many traits are polygenic inature.

A few pods from PollenNuts crosses.

I have never gotten #2 deciphered, maybe PollenNut can let me know.

59FBAA8C-F81F-4726-BDD4-A0C3496AF78E.jpeg

#3 is Scarlett’s Chili X Poblano
#5 is Uchu Cream X Scarlett’s Chili

D21FBA2C-18DE-4D78-8318-564C653A74B0.jpeg

Close view of the striped pods off of the variegated #5 plant.

A0D29EA0-61C5-467B-A087-31C11663312D.jpeg

skullbiker said:
A few pods from PollenNuts crosses.

I have never gotten #2 deciphered, maybe PollenNut can let me know.

attachicon.gif
59FBAA8C-F81F-4726-BDD4-A0C3496AF78E.jpeg

#3 is Scarlett’s Chili X Poblano
#5 is Uchu Cream X Scarlett’s Chili

attachicon.gif
D21FBA2C-18DE-4D78-8318-564C653A74B0.jpeg

Close view of the striped pods off of the variegated #5 plant.

attachicon.gif
A0D29EA0-61C5-467B-A087-31C11663312D.jpeg
Dying to get my hands on seed from your 3 and 5 my friend. You did such a great job, I'd like to offer you the chance to grow out a few from this one as well.
fishbike.JPG
The number 2 is a purple flowered Capsicum baccatum. Thought you might like to try some crosses with it, love the taste of that pepper.

skullbiker said:
The plants are quite podiforous(probably not a real word) right now. Here is a pic of some pods.

attachicon.gif
2CA0DF98-B86E-479A-BAFE-CD7BF85E42CD.jpeg

A couple of pics of the Uchu Cream X Scarlett's Chili. Every person that walks through my pepper plants comments on this plant.

attachicon.gif
273A1EE9-0740-4160-A49A-58E2EE736211.jpeg

attachicon.gif
A180FD32-67C6-40C8-A020-D77048885887.jpeg

attachicon.gif
2AC9BDED-2AFB-4732-8572-B17F21AE232E.jpeg

attachicon.gif
E9E44C24-AAD6-46CD-8203-ACBD9EF69F1C.jpeg

attachicon.gif
E94245A2-6039-4E51-88D6-EA81C0879656.jpeg

PollenNut, I sent you a PM.
Many thanks, I can tell you this much. I understand the genetics enough to promise you that your f2 will prove even more beautiful should you choose to grow some out as well. The downside, some of those crosses have some very complex polygenetic traits so you will want to grow out several or do some back crosses to see more of what is truly possible with these. 

You have grown up some of my precious crosses... for that I will certainly send you what I have ripening to try out as well. I tend to send out fruit as it ripens or plant myself. But one thing I can promise you... the genetics will be predictable and well worth working with if you like variegated.

VSRP X CABAI BURUNG UNGU

Found a couple pods that were red this morning.  The pods are round.  Not what I expected.  SRP and Cabai pods are elongated, right?

vsrpxcabai.jpeg

Back