free F1BC1 Free seed being offered

A flower on a #3 plant.

FB9E2333-C99C-4E53-B996-8CC72083E276.jpeg

Glue ob and pods on #5. I came up with a little tool for putting the straw rings on, works good. This one as about 10 pods on it already(although not isolated).

5635F38F-BF24-4575-8E7F-5B08BECF9835.jpeg

skullbiker said:
Have not done an update in a while so here are a couple of pod shots. #3 and #5

attachicon.gif
951950FC-47B8-4E01-AE46-5A6EFE793A83.jpeg

attachicon.gif
9D0C8ACA-A49A-44CD-B3FF-7881416F3A0B.jpeg
I can clearly see the influence in the fruit and foliage both on these two crosses.
# 3 is Scarlett Chili x Poblano so we would also expect a purple edged flower with this cross. The poblano was the pollen donor on this cross... I've been seeing some interesting things from that donor in a few other crosses.

# 5 Uchu Cream x Scarlett's Chili should give you more fun in the next generation... Thank you for sharing.

I spent some time breeding with the variegation from 'Fish Pepper' and noticed that every once in a while in a heterozygous plant (not expressing the trait) that you would get a very small albino sector on a leaf. We're talking like 1 in 1000 leaves or something crazy. Just something to look out for in the F1

I thought I would post a couple of pics of the leaves on the #1 plant. This one is finally starting to flower quite a lot.

8DFDD977-A5D6-4AC0-8AA9-B6A2A5326B3C.jpeg

D4042482-EA5A-4ECC-8A98-6C9ED1A17FAB.jpeg

950891F1-D4A9-44F6-B2E5-B228ADBED2E6.jpeg

F8AB9129-2854-4D36-AE6F-32FCB139E1E6.jpeg

One of these days when I get caught up I will try to get a group shot.

Annndddd, I need to glue flowers again. We had a storm right after the last time and those were literally gone with the wind!

PollenNut said:
attachicon.gif
BudGluing for isolated seed .pngThis cross is arguably one of the best documented hybrids I've seen.... currently a work in progress.

I've got entire albums showing the conception of this ones parents, this one, and so on.... This is the cross that started it all, so you can tell there are variegated genes in this C. baccatum hybrid. F2 seedlings have already proved that out yet again though

Next, we have the baby, C. annuum 'Variegata' x C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach' where we cross it again back to Sugar Rush Peach.

And it continues to get more exiting as you see the fruit mature
attachicon.gif
VSRP x SRP F1BC1 .jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IER0PYBaVhU

All I ask is that you send me a ripe fruit back from this cross folks if you get lucky and get yours to germinate. If you are overseas, send a fruits worth of seed back and pay $3 for postage.

Seeds are coming from the states.
Hi PN, im ruben from spain, i know now is a bit late to sown outside here, but i was wondering if there is any change to get some of ur projects, as im working with variegated gens too like fish, golden, scarlett and some crosses with em. I hope we can do something together :dance:

Fermenting Spanishtan said:
Hi PN, im ruben from spain, i know now is a bit late to sown outside here, but i was wondering if there is any change to get some of ur projects, as im working with variegated gens too like fish, golden, scarlett and some crosses with em. I hope we can do something together :dance:

The OP hasn't been back in awhile.

06.20.20_Seeds.jpg

skullbiker said:
Have not done an update in a while so here are a couple of pod shots. #3 and #5

attachicon.gif
951950FC-47B8-4E01-AE46-5A6EFE793A83.jpeg

attachicon.gif
9D0C8ACA-A49A-44CD-B3FF-7881416F3A0B.jpeg
 number 3 is C. annuum 'Scarlett's Chili' x C. annuum 'Poblano' so I am 100% sure that you will get some wild variegated specimens in your f2 on that one and given the size of the Poblano... you should get some nice variations in size as well. To say I am excited about your prospects there would be an understatement. Purple should be paraded as well throughout the seed babies.

After the last couple crazy months I had an extremely late start to my pepper season, but thankfully it's always hot year round here in south Florida to catch up with my grow. Here is the first update of some of the seeds @PollenNut sent. These are the Scarlett x Poblano and Fluorescent x Anaheim started around the end of May, while the VSRP/ sweet heat  C. Baccatum just germinated awaiting to be translanted into aerogarden to speeds up. In the pictures notice I trimmed back the larger leaves due to slight Edema forming but at least it let more light penetrate the new growth. In addition the variegated patterns are starting to appear more prominent on lower foliage with the Fluorescent x Anaheim as well as the unique striped main stem/shoots with the Scarlett x Poblano. Looking forward bringing them outside soon and posting another update with the others included.
HNWM25D.png

9ZItLoW.png

rYxodWq.png

BDBeatz said:
After the last couple crazy months I had an extremely late start to my pepper season, but thankfully it's always hot year round here in south Florida to catch up with my grow. Here is the first update of some of the seeds @PollenNut sent. These are the Scarlett x Poblano and Fluorescent x Anaheim started around the end of May, while the VSRP/ sweet heat  C. Baccatum just germinated awaiting to be translanted into aerogarden to speeds up. In the pictures notice I trimmed back the larger leaves due to slight Edema forming but at least it let more light penetrate the new growth. In addition the variegated patterns are starting to appear more prominent on lower foliage with the Fluorescent x Anaheim as well as the unique striped main stem/shoots with the Scarlett x Poblano. Looking forward bringing them outside soon and posting another update with the others included.
HNWM25D.png

9ZItLoW.png

rYxodWq.png
I'm super excited about these two crosses. Don't be upset if you lose that variegation though on the f1, it should return much better in the f2. Remember, there are a lot of genes at play here and the f2 will be very variable in appearance. That is where your going to have to grow a large number up to see all the magic there is to see. Otherwise, you are likely to miss some gems.

This project of yours looks awesome. I am upset I did not run across this post sooner, but wanted to chime in should you need more reinforcements in the future. Please keep posting updates to these beautiful plants. 

RedHotChiliPeppers said:
This project of yours looks awesome. I am upset I did not run across this post sooner, but wanted to chime in should you need more reinforcements in the future. Please keep posting updates to these beautiful plants. 
Hybridizing excites me, seeing others grow out those crosses in the f1 helps prove that this was no simple accident as I see with so many crosses out there where it is clear that while something happened... it was not planned and it was not intentional.

Being able to predict to some degree what the babies will look like in the f1 and f2 is also cool... something you really can't do when you aren't 100% sure of the parents were.

I've got 1 fruit I am really excited about that is nearing being ripe that is another interspecific cross if I did everything correctly. We will have to wait to see if there is any pudding together though. This cross I am excited about is a C. baccatum x C. annuum with the annuum being the pollen donor... we should see variegation in the f2 if we can get them to germinate and the f1 is fertile. I'm also hoping the purple comes over from the C. annuum I am using. But I will most likely offer those seeds up here for you growers that have proven your skills in growing and some may get them simply because I know that geographically speaking they live in an area where it will be easier for them to see results... i.e. those living in Florida, California, etc.

PollenNut.  I am trying to start some of your seeds again (first attempt this spring failed) and I need help reading this bag.  I get the Scarletts Chili X but cannot make out the next two words.  Just want to get the names right.
Gold Cabol maybe??
Thanks

IMG_2476.jpeg

Tybo said:
PollenNut.  I am trying to start some of your seeds again (first attempt this spring failed) and I need help reading this bag.  I get the Scarletts Chili X but cannot make out the next two words.  Just want to get the names right.
Gold Cabol maybe??
Thanks

attachicon.gif
IMG_2476.jpeg

This is code for gold label. If you go through my videos of some of my gold label, you will see that some of these crosses gave me just 1 seed... some a few more. That is the problem with some of these species x species crosses. Hope it germs for you, but some will give you a hard time for certain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjoX_GA09Q&list=PLioevyN3J5ryCbcsJubz--tKgUgDexatk&index=3

Back