• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fade's Grow Log 2010

Well its been a long time since I last posted on the forum due to being very busy.
I hope all is well with everyone, and that you had a very happy new year!
Here are some pics of what I'm currently growing.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

My Yellow Scotch Bonnets that are planted in ground are loaded and continue to be heavy producers.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

Some Chocolate Habs

BTW Fade, the few I've had with the problem appear to be showing signs of recovery.......I've used soap water, calcium chloride (foliar and a small drink for the roots), Epsom salts, etc...so I really can't say what, if anything, is actually helping...

I'm going to start using my home brewed pest control of garlic, capsicum, onion (maybe), and soap now.....

I have plants outside the screen room in the ground that are sitting there doing nothing for 5 weeks.......dry hot weather forecast for the next 5 days or so.....I'm assuming that maybe they didn't have enough root structure when the got planted, and hoping that they will establish good roots and wake up soon...

Hey bossman,

The basil plants are planted right next to my pepper plants out in the back garden.

I'm currently a little late getting ready for work, but I will reply in more depth later about some experiments I am trying.

Well that range is just about right bossman. I have added some lime to a few that tested with a low ph to see if that would help correct the issue.

The past few afternoons I managed to get some Bhut's, Mustard Hab's, Bonda ma Jacques, PRF 7 Pods, and 7 Pod Jonah's planted in there final pots. I hope to get some more done tommorow

P1000069.jpg

The Red Savina seems to be doing very well, though still only one pod, should get some more on the new growth with buds.

P1000072.jpg

I think fatali's are so cool i love the pod shape. I can't wait to try these for the first time.

P1000073.jpg

Here are two of my chocolate habs being protected by their basil fortress lol.

P1000075.jpg

Hey Fade..Things are lookin good for you I see...

I bought a little hand held microscope ($10 at Radio Shack) and a 5x/10x/15x magnifier at the drugstore to help identify bugs. I have found a few Thrips in the yellow oil jug trap near the funky curled leave plants. I seem to have mites on those few plants I think...are they much smaller than aphids and very mobile whereas aphids just sit there?? ... I'm going to take a much closer look in the morning...

What PH meter did you buy??

My 1 year old Bhut plant in the ground is starting some nice new growth and I've let it put out a few pods.. The plants I put in the ground this year are testing my patience doing nothing but surviving....I'm gonna water heavy and hit with fish emulsion tomorrow....

Most of the plants you see that that i repotted are from the back porch which all of those are perfectly healthy.
Most in the front still have the god awfull leaf issues, some looking like they have been attacked by vampires.

I bought a ferry morse ph and nutrient meter. I'm sure its not the most accurate like all other probe testers

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/103/427/032/790f_1.JPG

The plants in the front porch were not under cover and got alot more sun than the plants in the back porch.
Also alot of plants on the front porch were severly bumpy / cupped , yellow and new growth looked sucked dry exposing all the veins.
When I got back from my trip last week I fertilized with 18-18-21 Miracle gro tomato fert. The yellowing is just about gone but the new growth still seems to be comming out disfigured.

Now the plants in the back yard which are shaded most of the day and also dont get soaked in the rain have nice smooth dark green leaves.
Not sure if it means anything or is a coincidence but I thought i would share that info.
But I'm gonna start using a time released top dressing on all my potted plants so the rain doesent wash the nutes out everytime.

Was just curious about the meter......the one I bought is the Ferry Morse one also but it is smaller with three probes.....Nutes and PH

Not sure what to tell you about the sick plants, but I'm sure some of my plants in the ground were rushed (not hardened off properly and stuck in the ground too early).

The ones that we have the similar problem with don't do anything. Once those new top leaves come out all crinkled up it seems like they just don't grow anymore.

I have a Bhut that was looking pretty good, but now during the day the top leaves wilt and curl, they are still nice and green but they feel really soft when they wilt....In the evening , they almost go back to normal.....I thought it was some kind of Bacterial Wilt disease, but I think the plant would be dead by now (a week or so since I noticed)

Overall, I'm happy with the way things are goin'....

Hey if you ever need me to send anything from the states, let me know........

Thanks Bossman! I appreciate that.

I just planted more seeds today, I really am starting to have a very bad addiction lol.

Varieties include:

Yellow Scorpion Cardi
Chocolate Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Douglah
Goat Weed
Royal Black
Billy Biker Japs

Thanks again to my kind friend for the donation!

Here is my only Red Savina starting to ripen. This is the hottest pod I have grown so far.
Hopefully I will have some super hots in a few months time.

P1000077.jpg

Some of the larger pods on my bonnet tree are ripening.

P1000078.jpg

Here is a small harvest collected today. Bonnets, Choc habs and a few Morouga Red Habs (Delicious by the way)

P1000082.jpg

Ahhhh, that's a beautiful sight. Makes all the hard work and worrying worth it doesn't it? I hope you have many more bigger than that this year.

jacob

Fade..that plant is awesome...you're gonna get a great harvest from it....wait til the rains kick in this month and next with your nicely drained Bahamian soil. That thing is gonna explode with pods..

My Bhut in the ground is about the same age and is really starting to get some nice new growth and some pods, I'm expecting a good yield from it.....The patio pots were taking in some seriously intense 87 degree sun today........time to really pay attention to watering needs..

Congrats...Bossman

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

Here is my first and only red savina so far.
I have to say that the heat level was a bit disappointing. I took a slice from the stem end and it was less hot than my yellow peppers.
Also I removed the seeds from the pod and all but 2 were like soft and turned black after drying out on a plate after a few hours.
The pod was red ripe on the plant 2 days before I picked it so the seeds should have been mature. I'm not sure what happened, the pod definatly looked healthy.

P1000085.jpg

P1000088.jpg

Bummer about the Red Savina pod Fade. The seeds don't really look mature do they? Maybe it's a "first pod" thing? Hope the rest of them turn out blistering hot for you bro.

Back