• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fade's Grow Log 2010

Well its been a long time since I last posted on the forum due to being very busy.
I hope all is well with everyone, and that you had a very happy new year!
Here are some pics of what I'm currently growing.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

My Yellow Scotch Bonnets that are planted in ground are loaded and continue to be heavy producers.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

Some Chocolate Habs

The tree was in ragged shape when the pod set, maybe that has something to do with it.
It seems to be doing alot better with a bunch of new buds, hopefully I have some more fruit set

Silver_Surfer said:
Pod is still green inside, so it wasn't quite ready.

I thought peppers were like tomatoes and ripened from the inside out.

I did not know that. I learned something today, thanks SS.

So far the plants i transfered to their final 7 gallon pots are doing pretty good.
I recently added a table spoon of epsom salt to the soil and sprinkled a little MG shake and feed citrus and avacado fertilizer as top dressing (13-7-13 with magnesium and iron)

Here is the the scotch bonnet with the massive budding which i posted earlier in a different thread
Getting some nice pods started and looking good finally.

P1000089.jpg

PRF 7 Pod

P1000090.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques and Bhut Jolokia (supposedly)

P1000091.jpg

7 Pod Jonah

P1000092.jpg

Been following your thread. Sorry to hear about the immature Savina. Better luck with the next one!

I've noticed your plants are on a concrete slab. Do you keep them there all day, every day? I'd have to imagine that they, especially the rootzone in black plastic, must get very hot there in the Bahamanian sun. Perhaps they might benefit from some shade or filtered sun in the intense late afternoon heat. Take for instance the Bonnet in post #154, it looks so healthy with tons of pods, and it seems to be in a semi shady area.

I'm kind of new to this, but living in Florida, I know the noon to late-afternoon summer sun can wreck havoc on my plants, peppers or not. This year I'm keeping all of my stuff on the west side of my yard to provide direct morning sun, filtered noon-time sun, and afternoon shade. All them have a much deeper and healthier shade of green to their foliage than I had with the few plants I grew last year.

Hi Phadrus, thanks for following my thread. Before I transplanted these to their 7 gallon containers I hardened them off for about 3 weeks.
They seem to have been growing nicely and not wilting much since I put them out there. They receive sun from about 9am to 4pm when the fence and tree's start to cast a shadow.
I have been keeping a close eye on the moisture of the soil though, being carefull to not let them get bone dry. My larger plants from last year can drain a 7 gallon pot in 2 days.
As we move in to summer I may have to move them to a different area if they start to get too stressed. But last year my biggest and healthist plants and pods happened during the summer.

Note: I took those pics today around 1 pm which is the hottest time of the day. After 3 PM it starts to cool down, with our usuall constant ocean breeze.
Where you are in Orlando can get pretty brutal as I've found out from some of our trips to Disney World lol

Brent, the plants look great dude. Those bonnets and choc habs look so good almost like i could reach out and grab one. Looks like you just got a bum pod of the savina. The others should be better. Sometimes thats just the way it is bro.
I feel your going to have an awesome year. There are always some setbacks as i have my own too. Had to deal with BLS when i returned from Florida. Got a few of my plants and had to isolate them. My neighbour thought it would be a good idea to turn down the heat while i was away not thinking it would make my basement too cool and humid. Warm upstairs though so the thermostat didnt kick in to warm and keep the humidity down.
Cant wait to see more picks man

I envy your cool ocean breeze, Fade. It is getting to be the time of year here in Orlando that it rains everyday at 4 PM, which unfortunately turns Central Florida into a giant sauna. As you said, it is quite brutal haha.

Nice harvest today, btw!

All right Brent. Some of my Babies for you to enjoy.
from left to right.
Hab st martin, 7 pot, Naga Morich, Senegal
4586581127_1af31eee41_o.jpg

top view
4586581139_349e54fc0a_o.jpg

Scotch bonnet orange, Scotch bonnet red, Uganda
These were outiside during some heavy winds and got a little weathered
4586682699_53688da8ea_o.jpg

3 scorps, 7 pot barrackpore and a Cappy Brain Strain
4586614477_a6c5a3d394_o.jpg

Some more plants
Guadeloupe hab, Cappy Brain strain, Grenadean scotch bonnet
4586682693_52079e8917_o.jpg

Bahamian Goat(from Fade) Cleos dragon, Mulo de Tiro
4586719137_c306527bf0_o.jpg

Goat pepper top view
4586590739_441d5f82e0_o.jpg

Top view of set
4586590737_e861e0cf6f_o.jpg

Larger plants.
devils tongue red
4586614465_22720a16ff_o.jpg

Senegal
4586614471_7e114ce69c_o.jpg

ecuadorian red pepper from hell
4586682689_a17b1fb5d6_o.jpg

Some overwintered
TS(butch t), Scorion yellow cardi, Yellow 7 pot, Goronong
4586590755_59166c25b3_o.jpg

Upon checking my Fatali plant this morning I discovered my first ever ripening Fatali pod!

P1000108.jpg

Also got my first 3 pods of 1 of my in ground Chocolate Hab's. Nice large pods too..

P1000113.jpg

Congrats Brent! Makes all the trouble worth it doesn't it. I hope the rest of your "season" goes great for you.

jacob

Nice brent,
Have you grown the fatalii before or tested it. It can be quite hooottt!
By the way you got some leaf miners there on those leaves?

Thanks Jacob...Yann

This is the first Fatali I have ever grown. The pod was actually almost completely yellow when i was out in the yard this afternoon.
I have heard they can be quite hot, any idea on the Scoville range?

I have been spraying for pests regularly but I guess I cant get em all.

Back