• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Fantasy football? (League Full)

i think i definitely like the idea of sending some pepper related stuff to the winner! I also dont mind toning down the rosters at all. We can ditch the 3rd WR spot if we go to 12 teams.. if we stick to 10 teams we can keep that 3rd wideout. still up for debate but for now we have our 10 guys and just need to discuss a draft date/time. I am open during that whole last week before the games start except friday and satruday. I like to draft after the last preseason games to avoid drafting players that become injured or dropped (cough cough ochostinko)

I'll pony up something.....I'll just be putting it back in the cupboard, so no worries ;)

Last year I was in a 16 man league, so I'd enjoy it either way. Don't see much a difference, the odds are still even for everyone from the start.

Whatever's clever.

yeah, that whole week pretty much is cool by me. day/night anytime is cool. night = beer = more fun though.
way cool idea on everyone contributing to a huge stash to go to the winner. I might toss a small idea on top of that.
A tiny prize for each division winner, and a big prize for the league champion. Regardless, everyone just pm me for my address since the championship is mine!!!!

Edit: Just now saw 3/5 claiming victory already. Nope, see...you have yet to witness my FFL awesomeness. It all begins on draft day!
:runstocnnsi.comandstartscompilingcheetsheets:

haha yea i think we can figure out something pretty cool! We will figure out who has sauce/pods/seeds for the pot and go from there. One person cant make the weekend i planned. What do people think of Wednesday 9/5 or Thursday 9/6 night around 8 or 9 PM EST. Not sure what time zones everyone is in but i figure 9PM EST helps the Pacific Time peeps!

Wednesday works for me whatever time. Thursday would have to be 8:15pm CT or after. Otherwise most other days are good to go.

I would prefer Wednesday over Thursday. But I am sure I can make either day. Just let me know. 8 or 9 is fine.

I can do evenings or weekends , a 9pm start is cool with me on a weekday!

I didnt know I had an espn account now Im havin trouble retrieving my pass!? :crazy:
Worse comes to worse, I'll use a different email addy, may need a re-invite tho!

Kevin

I can do either weekends or evenings during the week.
I like the idea of everyone adding in something for the division winners and league champs.
10 or 12 teams are good.... 16 teams are too many IMO.
There is also a message board and chat on the FFL website... Feel free to talk as much smack as ya want, but please be careful not to hurt my feelings. :shame:
Nevermind I just checked.. I don't think it's possible. :rofl:

PPR,and any bonuses for say....80 yd td catch/run

Lets get 10 teams first before we think about 12-16 ;)

Any day after 3 CST usually works for me

I think PPR is great! while I don't object to extra bonus points for extreme production I think that receivers, when they catch a 80 yard TD already get 6 points for the TD + 1 point for the catch + 8 points for the yardage. 17 points.
Damn if you go adding bonus points on top of that, you probably should go ahead and give a bonus for Average Yards Per Carry (but do you limit it to RB's or will Vick have bonus points too......might as well also drop the QB's to 1 point per 20 yards passing also to even things out. Its all good with me, but it does get complicated. You could also give RB's 1 point for 150+ yards, 2 points for 200+ yards etc.. and QB's a bonus for every 50 yds past 300.
I'm down with whatever the mob wants though!!!

I think PPR is great! while I don't object to extra bonus points for extreme production I think that receivers, when they catch a 80 yard TD already get 6 points for the TD + 1 point for the catch + 8 points for the yardage. 17 points.
Damn if you go adding bonus points on top of that, you probably should go ahead and give a bonus for Average Yards Per Carry (but do you limit it to RB's or will Vick have bonus points too......might as well also drop the QB's to 1 point per 20 yards passing also to even things out. Its all good with me, but it does get complicated. You could also give RB's 1 point for 150+ yards, 2 points for 200+ yards etc.. and QB's a bonus for every 50 yds past 300.
I'm down with whatever the mob wants though!!!

Yea i am not a fan of it on big plays. I do like giving the extra 2 point or whatever to guys that get 200+ rushing or 200+receiving or 500+ passing. those are the bonuses i have played with and wouldnt mind throwing them in as it would even out.

how many 80 yd plays did they have last year?

this is no big issue. I just like rewarding the person who picks the guy who just goes off,and literally takes the game into his own hands.

Like I said,I'm down for whatevs... If we picked one player, I'd still be happy!

As long as the rules dont change after draft!
Everyone has the same disadvantage against me anyway!

So Im cool with all of it!

:cool:
Kevin

Kevin, I forsee in my future the same result as my Bucs accomplished for pretty much the entire 80s decade. Dead last. Should I send you my peppers now? LOL

Being Canadian don't I get a handicap? After all, my version of football has two 50 yard lines and only 3 downs.

Back