• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fatknuckle Jeff's (Chorizo 857) 2020 GLOG

Been starting sprouts and seeds for next year.  I don't have an indoor lighting scheme, so things will live in the garage until March 2020.

Just seeing new sprouts today!

Attachments

• IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 154
So with the wet conditions, I am still harvesting peppers.  Trimming some back, and not sure if they will make it through the monsoons.  Got some good variety thus far.
The ahi's on the counter are ahi dulce (sweet and mild). I have to keep them separate, from being mistaken while the habaneros are on the upper deck.  Avoiding wrath of wife.
On 1000 to 1130 on the clock dial/pic, the dark green are what was labelled a Chillihuaca, seed from White-hot Peppers.  I think these were freebees.  I just cannot find any information on them.  They appear to be a smaller, chunky pod similar to a bell, mild.

Attachments

• IMG_2582.jpg
    IMG_2582.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 63
The Chillihuaca pods seem really cool - any way you could post a photo of the whole plant? I'm just curious as to its size, I can't say I'd be able to help you find any info. Earlier you mention the Chilihuacle negro - but this is a different pepper you're talking about here I assume?

WHP has some cool and unique peppers, although a few are definitely not-well-known. I'm growing two of his "Fogon" peppers ("furnace" in Spanish, look something like a small yellow hab.). Not much on the internet about those, either.

-Pimental

Please excuse the gap in posting.  I had some technical issues, which I hope are resolved.  Many of my plants are slowing, but some are pumping peppers out, mostly ghost or reaper varieties..  I have two plants grwon from see, efectionly named Chilihuaca.  The are producing peppers of completely different morphologies.  Seed variation on a cross over a generation?  Aliens?  Squirrel piss?

Attachments

• IMG_2681.jpg
    IMG_2681.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2680.jpg
    IMG_2680.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 58
2nd picture is the pod typical of Chilhuacle Negro.  They will turn dark brown if indeed they're Chilhuacle Negro.  I'd bet they are.  I have not grown the rojo or amarillo so I'm not familiar on how those should look.  The Chilhuacle Negro will sit for quite sometime in the green pod state.  I think I might have pictures on my Glog.  

It takes forever for them to turn brown.  I think showmedasauce is also growing these and may have some pics.

Chorizo857_62J said:
They continue to grow, so I continue to let them.  Maybe an eventual color change?
Time will tell, Jeff. And you definitely have the
time and climate down in NCFlo to do just that!

Hope they turn out to be what you want.

Well, I have had a 7-Pot Cinder plant that appears to produce mild cubanelle-type pods.  Not sure what we will end up with.  I do know I will continue growing what survives the winter.

Best of luck to all.
J

So things have waned considerably for this season.  I lost about  dozen plants, mostly older 4-year habaneros and scotch bonets grown from store pepper seeds.  Still go some good strong varieties, red bhuts, reaper crosses, and some exotic stuff.  This is an Ahi Panca Lima (peruvian).  It is thick-walled, somewhat spicy (not super-hot), and has a great taste.  I have two plants surviving, and will seed more over the winter.  We have relatively warmer winter weather now, wet, icky, but no snow or ice like you up north.  Stay warm and Merry Christmas!
J

Attachments

• IMG_2744.jpg
    IMG_2744.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 53
Back