• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Bacon

I was wondering what everyone's favorite bacon was. I am currently hooked on wright brand steak house flavored bacon. Bacon is one of my top 5 foods. I wanted to get some more good ideas for new brands and flavors.

there are a few local brands from around me that are great
i like bacon i just dont eat too much of it, because of health reasons, sad too because im PA dutch and bacon is a staple in there diet

PA Dutch save the grease and use it for cooking other things

there nothing like bacon grease fried taters with onions YUMMY!! :dance:
i haven't met a bacon yet that i didn't like LOL
thanks your friend Joe

I think other than OM, most bacon is local or at least regional. You can't really go wrong with any of it unless it lists soy or tofu in the ingredients, then send it to Texas Blues.

Wright brand is the company that makes it. I believe that they are based out of Arkansas. Steakhouse flavored is kind of like normal hickory smoked thick cut bacon cured in A1 sauce, its great.

I could care less about brand when I shop for bacon. I am more focused on meat-to-fat ratio, and salt. I try to stay away from too much salt or fat, and generally let that be my guide when buying bacon. Can't get entirely away from either (and have REAL bacon), but I generally look at center cut bacon. Sorry, that's not very specific, but like has already been said, there are numerous regional brands as well as national brands, so even if I brand-shopped, something might not be available in your area. And yeah, I tend to stay away from OM as it usually has one of the highest salt contents.

I could care less about brand when I shop for bacon. I am more focused on meat-to-fat ratio, and salt. I try to stay away from too much salt or fat, and generally let that be my guide when buying bacon. Can't get entirely away from either (and have REAL bacon), but I generally look at center cut bacon. Sorry, that's not very specific, but like has already been said, there are numerous regional brands as well as national brands, so even if I brand-shopped, something might not be available in your area. And yeah, I tend to stay away from OM as it usually has one of the highest salt contents.
im the exact same way, when i look for bacon i also like a thicker cut, it falls in line with health reasons as well as taste preference

thanks your friend joe

Where do you fall on the subject of Scrapple Joe, or is that another subject?
i like scrapple and used to see how it was made, its kind gross trually but i still like iT!!
had dutch friends who owned a farm in the lower Pocono mountains they would slaughter there own pigs cook it all down into a tan paste, pour it into pans to harden, they did this always in winter
i think its a regional thing too
yeah i like it but again like bacon dont eat too much because of health reasons

thanks stick your friend Joe

I get my bacon from my meat market, un sliced. 2 or 3pound slab. I cut off a 4 inch wid chunk and fry it up. eat it like a steak.

Back