• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite or most abundant 7 Pod?

So far I've got seeds for the Red 7 Pod Congo Gigantic, Orange 7 Pod, Large Yellow 7 Pod, 7 Pod Brain Strain Yellow, and White 7 Pod. I'm looking forward to planting some of them all, but what's your favorite on my list, or stuff not on my list?

I grew Pepperlover's large-pod Yellow 7 this past season and loved it! It grew the largest of all my Chinense plants and produced over a kilogram of pods in its first year. Nice fruity flavor and wicked heat.

cool. I think I remember seeing that in your glog. I wanted to grow some bigger peppers that have a lot of heat to them, and the 7 Pod family just seemed like the right choice.

Judy, you gave me 2 free packs of them this year!! So, I'm definitely looking forward to them!

I haven't tried a huge amount of 7 pots, but all of the one's I've tried I've loved. I'm not sure if the douglah is classed as a 7 pot or not (still pretty noobish), if it is then that's the only 1 I haven't liked the flavour of. White and yellow were probably my favourite until recently. Tried a yellow 7 pot Jonah recently and it has become my new favourite 7. Absolutely amazing flavour. 

Patrick's SB7J is one of my favorites.  A cross (now F4) of 7 Pot Jonah / Scotch Bonnet is my favorite in the 7 Pot family.
It is a 'must grow' in my opinion. Take a look at Nigel's review, he describes it spot on! Great hybrid vigor, very strong trunks.
I am attempting to overwinter one.

thanks for all the input. I'm really looking forward to the Brain Strain, and White, and Congo, and Large Yellow, . . . . .

Brain Strain is just too hot for me, so I'll go with the 7 Pot Chaguana (Judy's) but I do want to get some 7 Pot White from her before I die!

Pm me ur address I will send you some tomorrow :)

My favorite pepper in the world, hands down.

To me it had clean strong fruity aroma with a remarkable amount of sweetness which all reminded me with pineapple after taste

Great for hot sauce
One time Scott at lucky dog hot sauce made some and sent me several bottles, that was the best hot sauce I ever tried

7 pot whites are awesome

They are actually
Nice crunchy texture reminds you with super hot cucumbers

7 Pot Jonah and 7 Pot Brown

I agree
Both extremely hot and productive plant

Back