contest February Throwdown - Cast Iron Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, SL breaking out the numbers game. As one person she is formidable, but if we breakdown SoFlo Posse...

Sum x2
FD x3
WickedMojo x1?
5-O x1

Seven.... at least. Bring it SL!

Careful SB,
SL 5
Sk 1
CJ 1
SD 1
I don't know for sure how many that is, I don't have enough fingers, but I would bet we're close.

Shabamalamadingdong 9! BBITZ! Or 8... Carry the 3.....

Rumors... Methow Holler will take all the candy from your bowl on Halloween, toilet paper your frontyard, and then pee in your Jack'o'lantern.

So I've heard

So I brought this one back from the dead would it qualify? It is CI
Halloween10062.jpg

Rumors... Methow Holler will take all the candy from your bowl on Halloween, toilet paper your frontyard, and then pee in your Jack'o'lantern.

So I've heard

Nope, Bear did that! That guy......

and it's not the WA Posse, it's the Northwest Pack!

@prehensile- :lol: I think The Boss said something about it has to have a handle, grills are out.

Nope, Bear did that! That guy......

and it's not the WA Posse, it's the Northwest Pack!

@prehensile- :lol: I think The Boss said something about it has to have a handle, grills are out.
what if I put this over the fire and cooked everything on or in the cast Iron stove/skillet? the stove has handles......
IMG_0153.jpg
Halloween10062.jpg

Looks like a fireplace Pre. I'd say you could cook on top of it with some CI.

It's now known in SloFlo as the Methow Holler.

FIFY

prehensile, I'll let The Boss or his assistant give you the final ruling on that, but I think you can put any kind of CI pan or griddle on the grill or stove or (whatever you call that thing in the yard...:lol: ). You just can't say the grates on your BBQ are cast iron, slap on a steak and call it dinner.

OH! That just reminded me that we did an AWESOME prime rib, in a CI pan on the bbq grill.

"Solid surface" to me doesn't necessarily mean a pot or skillet - a flat griddle should work. And something to consider - if you wanted to smoke something, for example, it seems you could feasibly put it into a CI solid then on top of the smoker/BBQ grates - at least the smoke would get around it.

FIFY

prehensile, I'll let The Boss or his assistant give you the final ruling on that, but I think you can put any kind of CI pan or griddle on the grill or stove or (whatever you call that thing in the yard... :lol: ). You just can't say the grates on your BBQ are cast iron, slap on a steak and call it dinner.

OH! That just reminded me that we did an AWESOME prime rib, in a CI pan on the bbq grill.
Outback's steaks are cooked on a CI flatop

and then we'll say, "BBQ at my house next weekend?"

I say "Hells yeah!"

I am a bit lost on Prehesile's post. I don't care if your chimney is cast iron. I care about the surface you are cooking on. That flat CI surface with the icecube on it looks money. Cook on that and you're golden!

If you're cooking on a wood-fed cast iron stove that is 200 years old... it means nothing to me if you put an aluminum pan on it.

Cast Iron!

If you're cooking on a wood-fed cast iron stove that is 200 years old... it means nothing to me if you put an aluminum pan on it.

Couldn't have said it any better my self Sum.

And I for one, am looking forward to see what you make Pre, as long as its not fried ice cubes, LOL

My CI from under the house is almost ready for the big show. Few more coats on the seasoning and I will be ready to play ball with the big boys.....as I don't see any here I'll have to make due with you guys. :hell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back