• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest February Throwdown - Cast Iron Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stove does make a difference. I have a wood stove for heat, although it's not technically a "cooking stove" I still cook on it, and in it fairly often.(Yes the stove also cast iron) When I cook in it, the food often ends up with nice smoky taste.

Few more coats on the seasoning and I will be ready to play ball with the big boys.....as I don't see any here I'll have to make due with you guys. :hell:

That's alright 3/5...You can play ball with me and get whooped just as nicely. ;)

(shoot! Where's that whip when I need it? )

edit- FOUND IT!
whip3.gif

Haven't heard much from the blues kitchen.
But if you listen real close, you can hear a soft bluesy tune, and a smokey voice wailing, "Black Betty".

Hope she's ready for the show!

Wow the smack talk IS is full effect. I wonder if Bear...That guy is ever going to make his first throwdown appearance. That would be funny! Once again I have many ideas floating around in my head. Gonna have to see what happens, BUT I promise you the PA Posse will be heard from.

I have a sneakin' suspicion the PNWC (Pacific NorthWest Contingent) is going to SHAME SFP in this TD. Bear will end up in hiding. (That guy....)

Ok I understood the basic Rule stating you have 2 use CI as the cooking surface, Here is a Pic of my CI cooking set up.
Charcoal and hardwood fire castiron stove/grill, CI skillet, CI griddle. I will be outside for extended periods of time enjoying the beautiful Florida Winter during this Challenge if my set up is approved.
This is my cooking surface submission asking for final approval from the powers that be.
IMG_0137.jpg

I totally approve, but I'm just a mere observer. That will be awesome, and like DQatz said, the wood smoke will add flavor...
N. I. C. E.

I totally approve, but I'm just a mere observer. That will be awesome, and like DQatz said, the wood smoke will add flavor...
N. I. C. E.
TY, I made Smors with this set up, I put the graham crackers on the top grate with chocolate then we roasted the marshmellows in the bottom, the chocolate melted over the crackers, the Smors have a smokey sweet taste that just owns any Smor I ever had anywhere else, the kids seemed to like em as well.

Did anyone mention tinfoil wrapped anything?

It was a preemtive strike DQ. I was foreseeing cooking in a wood-burning cast iron oven/stove with a method that would be considered outside the boundries of what this TD is about. But Prehensile has it now. [Edit: I think Prehensile strategically did not divulge his other CI wares until questions came up. I just wanted to make sure that someone at a campsite with a firepit surrounded by a cast iron ring who built a fire in it, then wrapped all their food in tinfoil and threw it in the fire boy scout style could not call that CI cooking.]

Certainly approved Pre!

Sum's just jealous he doesn't have such equipment. And posturing, for the a$$-whupping he knows is coming. :halo:

SL has all the CI bling. She is fully accessorized...

Sometimes I wake at night, soaked with sweat, in total terror of SL's CI skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back