contest February Throwdown - Cast Iron Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me, if the boss can use a piggy bank, CI grill grates should be alowed. However IMO it would be the fire doing the cooking, not the grates like a pan would do. I'm not sure what to tell ya, FD4. I might be still drunkft from last nights shenanigans.. I say do what you want.

Geeme you're too funny!!! Hahahahaha

Seems to me, if the boss can use a piggy bank, CI grill grates should be alowed. However IMO it would be the fire doing the cooking, not the grates like a pan would do. I'm not sure what to tell ya, FD4. I might be still drunkft from last nights shenanigans.. I say do what you want.

Geeme you're too funny!!! Hahahahaha

Yeah...I'd say some lines have to be drawn..I don't know yet if I will participate, but I know if I vote it will probably be for something done in a traditional skillet or dutch oven. The waffle iron is a great thought as well as the grill grates, but then it is too open. It is very open already considering you can cook almost anything in a skillet or dutch oven depending on size. One thing is certain...there will be some really amazing creations on this one. Can't wait!

I have yet to do bread in the CI dutch, but I think it's time. Anyone have any NEED TO KNOW advice on that?
(BTW, I have a killer sourdough starter that has been alive since August, hope to throw it in)

FD4 I made one last night.Came out fantastic. :)

DSC02674.jpg

DSC02678.jpg

[sub]Thanks,TB I may take your advice and whoop up something for dipping. I have a big pot of stew in CI simmering right now to go with this bread. It is darn cold here,about -18 chill factor,that we need some good food to keep us warm. :lol: We could not go skiing today cause of this cold weather. :doh: [/sub]

how in the hell do you cook bread in a skillet,and also ive been told my dutch ovens are awesome,little better than the covered wagon,,,,,never mind i see it was in the oven still impressive,looks good

also it sucks were not doing the peruvian thing,i had a whole vandersloot theam i was going to do

Ohhhhhhh all that bread needs is sweet cream butter, and it would win a TD all itself that is WIN!

You can still do Peruvian, just do it in CI.

Sic, you can do bread in a DO over coals, the DO just has to have a lid, as it acts like an oven.

Everything must be cooked in solid surface cast iron from start to finish. That sounds clear enough.

Will it be our choice of what we cook in the cast iron? Or will that be limited?

For example being limited to doing a specific item like "whole meals" ,single item ,desserts, etc.. Or just anything we please?

There's Ela! Ohhhh I miss your posting. That bread looks sooo good. With Stew? Mmmmmmmmmmm!
Where in the world are you, that it's -18 WC? I thought we were cold this morning with -2 , no Wind Chill.

So, Boss, not to irritate you, does Enamel count?

All solid surface cast iron, I never said "one pot" that was someone else.

[sub] Thanks,guys .Got to keep up with my bread hungry teens. :lol: [/sub]

[sub]Sicman, if you have 2 same size skillets you could easily bake bread that way. [/sub]

[sub]Boss,did you mean something like this? :D [/sub]

[sub]
DSC02687.jpg
[/sub]
[sub]Just a teaser,the tea has some liquid hard substance in it ;) [/sub]

[sub]Scovie,buddy, I've been so busy lately with my teenagers that is like :banghead: ...well the "smiley face" speaks for itself. I miss you guys all and hope that after ski season I would be able to jump back on TD train again. And Scovie, I'm just on oposite side of US from you,on foothhills of Great Green Mountain. ;) [/sub]
[sub]Now to get your curiosity going :D [/sub]

[sub]
DSC02668.jpg
[/sub]

[sub]I know I'm being mean :lol: [/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back