• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Finally - a dehydrator!

I meant to do it for a while now, but since I actually have some extra money this month, I decided to finally get a dehydrator to cope with the growing number of pods I can pick daily.

Here it is:

9a8d_1.JPG

It has a timer and can operate at 250, 500 and 700W.

It's not an Excalibur, but I guess/hope it'll do the job!

haven't seen one in that style yet...is the the heating element/fan that sits on top?

its good you got one...I love making powders and using the spice to cook with...

AJ, I think it's in the bottom. I'll have to see about that yet, it has still to be delivered, I just ordered it. I am looking forward to making my own powders with much less effort than before! :)

Thanks, Nat!

congrats on getting a dehydrator. it looks like decent one too & thats cool it has a timer. it looks like the fan is on the top because of the vents & the bottom looks to slim to hold a fan.

That looks like a good one.

When mine crapped out, my sweet wife brought one home from target......No Fan.

I might as well use the oven.

Not that expensive. 60€. Could've saved 5 by buying a version with smaller trays, but decided to get this one. Just got informed that it was shipped, so if I am lucky I'll have it tomorrow!

Very cool indeed...I also enjoy making powders and cooking with them. There is nothing better than fresh pepper powder. Well, perhaps a fresh pod :) BTW when you start using it, be sure to have it either outside or next to a window with a fan in it to blow all of the pepper fumes out. If you forget, LOL, you'll quickly remember.

Grats Chiliac. I bought one for christmas and it works great. The fans blow from the bottom up. I already used it for my Paprika supreme peppers and works great.

Nope :( - seems it takes two days (at least) this time! It only takes one day if you don't expect it to arrive anyway I guess. At least I got my new monitor today, better than nothing, hehe!

Belated update.

I received the dehydrator and I am doing a test run right now. Got one tray of chilis and one tray of onions. Should be done in about 6-8 hrs. I'll take some pics and post them when there are any results worth showing.

Back