• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse First 80 Plants In Greenhouse 02-22-09

..maybe he can start using led lighting and have year round Christmas lights outside. How do you feel about your energy bill? Why not just bring the plants in until it warms up in a few weeks. I wouldn't leave my plants in 33F weather first night. Your always thinking outside the box.

joeknowsjolokia said:
I believe the output is 500 BTU's on hour. Depending on the surface being heated. X6 is 3000 BTU and that is equivlant to a small heater....Wow great job AJ!

Jeez I'm starting to sound like AJ! Could be worse right?:P

*shakes head sadly*

I'm...I'm glad I knew you, you know, before, because there is not turning back.

AlabamaJack said:
you guys crack me up...not worried about the sun...they plants took it like real men today...

what I was worried about was the 33F tonight so I went to home depot...

yup...Pam was right...me building something...

and I bought this...

six 90 watt halogen flood lights....puts off plenty of heat....

AJ,

How much stock do you own in the energy company? I would have gone to the grocery store, got a large cardboard box and used a 100 watt bulb. Or brought the plants back inside!

Mike

Pamela,

You have already said you are going to steal my peppers and tomatoes, coerce my cat into loving you and perhaps sow feral basil in my garden. What else are you going to do - I know you won't mess with my lights - you might become enlightened!

BTW, I have friends in Columbia - I think! I'll have to find out for sure where they live. If close, have them sow tobacco seeds in your garden!

Mike

all good advice...but....I had to close up the gaps at 7:15, then I had to put a tent up at 8:15...the temps are getting back to where I want them now...
Greenhouse6022209c.jpg

here is a graph to show what the ambient temperature has been compared to the greenhouse/tent temps

AMBIENTVSGREENHOUSE.jpg

It is currently 45.5F ambient and the Greenhouse Tent is 71.1.....will watch it for a while to see how hot it gets inside the tent...

It's what I do Pam...can't help it...maybe when I retire...

AJ, I didn't even know you built a greenhouse, very nice. Now you know I need your blueprints, right. I have a cement slab I could throw one on. If you have a thread that you started for your greenhouse post the link would ya.

Dale

AlabamaJack said:
It's what I do Pam...can't help it...maybe when I retire...

Oh I don't think it will get any better when you retire AJ. What's going to happen is you'll have more time to spend thinking and designing newer more extravagant set ups for your plants.

Wait until your backyard is all finished the way you want it. You'll be setting up conveyor belts for the plants to follow the sun, automatic sprinklers hooked up to sensors that will turn them off and on as needed, auto fertilizer, auto harvesters and things I can't even imagine. The only thing you'll be doing by hand is giving yourself a well deserved pat on the back. I can't wait to see it.

Good luck.:)

thepodpiper said:
AJ, I didn't even know you built a greenhouse, very nice. Now you know I need your blueprints, right. I have a cement slab I could throw one on. If you have a thread that you started for your greenhouse post the link would ya.

Dale

here ya go Dale.... http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=8421&highlight=project

FiveSix said:
I have been so humbled by this thread, as well as amused from you teasing eachother. Great stuff, and GL!

we do mess with one another quite a bit....and thanks...

patrick said:
Oh I don't think it will get any better when you retire AJ. What's going to happen is you'll have more time to spend thinking and designing newer more extravagant set ups for your plants.

Wait until your backyard is all finished the way you want it. You'll be setting up conveyor belts for the plants to follow the sun, automatic sprinklers hooked up to sensors that will turn them off and on as needed, auto fertilizer, auto harvesters and things I can't even imagine. The only thing you'll be doing by hand is giving yourself a well deserved pat on the back. I can't wait to see it.

Good luck.:)

don't give me any ideas... :lol:

oh yeah, by the way...temp outside is 40.4 and in the greenhouse tent it is 70.6

AlabamaJack said:
here is a graph to show what the ambient temperature has been compared to the greenhouse/tent temps

So, the thermometer you got transmits to the PC? Or you took readings all night and entered them manually?

Did you buy one of those daisy pregnancy testers?!
I'm jealous. :cool:

Back