• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse First 80 Plants In Greenhouse 02-22-09

caroltlw said:
So, the thermometer you got transmits to the PC? Or you took readings all night and entered them manually?

Did you buy one of those daisy pregnancy testers?!
I'm jealous. :cool:

Its just a $9.00 indoor/outdoor thermometer with a remote sensor I got at walmart...I have seriously been looking into a remote weather station that will report to the computer so I can have real time weather analysis and trending but at this point in time I don't want to spend the money on it...got other things planned...

Geez...I hope I don't need one of those pregnancy testers...the wife would freak out if we started a family with me 60 and her 56...

AlabamaJack said:
Its just a $9.00 indoor/outdoor thermometer with a remote sensor I got at walmart

One bit of advice for that thing. If you plan on using it in sub-freezing temps, lithium batteries in the sensor will work but alkaline may not. And yes the lithium batteries cost a lot.

Here's what mine looks like from yesterday morning. The top is the outdoor temp, the bottom is the greenhouse temp. The alarm for overheating had just gone off.

S6307376.jpg

FYI, this morning it didn't get too cold until almost sunrise so all I needed for heat was a hurricane lamp to take the chill off.

thanks for the tip...I had forgotten that (bout the batteries)

I truthfully don't think we will have another heavy freeze here...at least I hope not...they had predicted 33 last night and it only got down to 40...and the next 10 days forecast looks great...but we have had snow (flurries) 2 of the last three years on Easter weekend...

AlabamaJack said:
they had predicted 33 last night and it only got down to 40

That's exactly the opposite of what our forecasters are like. I take the predicted low, subtract 4 deg for elevation and 5 deg for forecast error. Usually spot on.

AJ - the plants look great, but I'd have to agree with others, why not just bring them inside during for the night.

AlabamaJack said:
I have seriously been looking into a remote weather station that will report to the computer so I can have real time weather analysis and trending but at this point in time I don't want to spend the money on it...got other things planned..

:shocked: I would of figured you'd have a weather station. I was eyeing one setup that had everything inside/outside temp/hum.dew/heat index/etc.. w/rain gauge & wind
but bought the middle basic that had everything inside/outside for temps/hum./dew./index/etc... it was a lacrosse technology brand sad to say it only lasted like 1.5 years.

caroltlw said:
One bit of advice for that thing. If you plan on using it in sub-freezing temps, lithium batteries in the sensor will work but alkaline may not. And yes the lithium batteries cost a lot.

the remote I had outside was run buy 1 set of (2)alkaline batteries for the 1.5 years it went through 1 winter & they died begining of Feb. this year almost through the 2nd winter. even when the temp read ( -OFL ) whatever that meant (never bothered to read all the directions) & when it read that it was really F'ing cold outside, but when it warmed up to about -20F to -15F it'd would read normal again.

now the the inside & outside units dont want to work properly. I guess its time to buy a new one but leary of buying lacrosse's deluxe setup that has everything (cuz of the price & wonder if it'll only last about 1.5 - 2 years)

chilehunter said:
AJ - the plants look great, but I'd have to agree with others, why not just bring them inside during for the night.

'cause I'm hard headed and have to do it the difficult way... :lol:

chilehunter said:
:shocked: I would of figured you'd have a weather station. I was eyeing one setup that had everything inside/outside temp/hum.dew/heat index/etc.. w/rain gauge & wind but bought the middle basic that had everything inside/outside for temps/hum./dew./index/etc... it was a lacrosse technology brand sad to say it only lasted like 1.5 years.

I may get the wife to get me one for my birthday...

Gonna buy me a little GH 5'x5'x7'. Just for €49.99 :)

Those shelfs will be trashed right away.

00_41217_b.jpg

I can't get to the link from work Mike...will check it when I get home...

Lee...one recommendation....tie it down....wind will destroy it...

Luckily we haven't got that harsh winds you got over there in the US, but I will tie it down good

I didn't even think about that one Potawie...good one..

wordwiz said:
AJ,

A friend recommended this one to me. He's into the stuff and acts as a local weather station.

Mike

Mike...I like this one but I want it in standard and not metic units...off googling...

this may be one of my retirement gifts to myself....just gotta think about exactly what I want....

First Two Days In Greenhouse - Fataliis Moved to Greenhouse

I have done some adjustment to the table in the greenhouse...the plants are loving it...

here is what I am calling the Table of Heat...Bhut Jolokia, Dorset Naga, Bih Jolokia, Naga Morich, 7 Pot, Trinidad Scorpion, Fatalii, Red Fatalii, Chololate Fatalii, and Devils Tongue...total of 104 plants in greenhouse now...next wave in will be next weekend....

022409atableofheat.jpg

these are the next ones to transplant in a couple of days...

022409aBhutJolokia-NagaMorich.jpg

this season gets more exciting as the days pass...

Wow those plants are really loving life in the greenhouse. You can see it in the way the leaves stand erect. I really need a greenhouse to keep up now. Just watch the temps. and glad you found the "light". I really like seeing my name on other peoples plants.

Where did you get the Shiner beer seeds from? Seems to be growing wonmderfully but you needed to keep it's seed hat on until you go to drink it.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Wow those plants are really loving life in the greenhouse. You can see it in the way the leaves stand erect. I really need a greenhouse to keep up now. Just watch the temps. and glad you found the "light". I really like seeing my name on other peoples plants.

Yup...they love it in there...I feel like such an idiot for not putting them in earlier...the other "table" I have in there can accomodate about another 180 or so plants, so I am set up...I really like the way I staggered my planting this year...I actually have space not being used in my growrage now...but when I transplant this week, most of it will be used...it seems there are a lot of PRF markings on my 3" containers... ;)

imaguitargod said:
Where did you get the Shiner beer seeds from? Seems to be growing wonmderfully but you needed to keep it's seed hat on until you go to drink it.

got them from Shiner, Texas...they do grow well here in Texas...I carefully removed the seed hat just before taking this shot and tasted the sweet nectar...it's gone now, but another one is ready to transplant... :lol:

AlabamaJack said:
got them from Shiner, Texas...they do grow well here in Texas...I carefully removed the seed hat just before taking this shot and tasted the sweet nectar...it's gone now, but another one is ready to transplant... :lol:

Ah, sorry, didn't know it was a harvest picture :lol:

Back