First attempt at a Calzone

Just make sure it's pizza dough, try to get that half-circle shape, and vent it. Fill it with whatever you want! You're on the right track... but if you made a loaf of bread too, that wasn't pizza dough ;)

moyboy said:
Wow, I really shouldn't used the word 'Calzone' should I....:lol:

And to my dear TB.....:doh: I had the cheese on the counter and just plum forgot to put it in......But Pepperfreak has canceled out your fail with a +1 on the win and he is a MOD now so his +1 beats you......

As I said in my first post, I didn't know what a traditional calzone was and that I had only seen pictures. I am pretty bloody happy with the outcome and enjoyed it very much

:)
You didn't screw anything up and it tasted good, so it's not even close to a fail. Looking at it makes me hungry too. Now y ou have the feel for making an authentic calzone and all you have to do is use different ingredients. Consider this one training.

Please but the knives down TB, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt...it's all right my friend.

*backs slowly for the door*:eek:

I was just saying that minus the name it looked very tasty and that should be a WIN. :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
Just make sure it's pizza dough, try to get that half-circle shape, and vent it. Fill it with whatever you want! You're on the right track... but if you made a loaf of bread too, that wasn't pizza dough ;)

Yeah, as I said in the first post I purposely made the dough sweet but next time will definitely be pizza dough. The bread was great this morning as fried bread......I soaked it in egg and milk and grilled it....yummy.

fineexampl said:
You didn't screw anything up and it tasted good, so it's not even close to a fail. Looking at it makes me hungry too. Now y ou have the feel for making an authentic calzone and all you have to do is use different ingredients. Consider this one training.

Thanks mate, I will certainly try it again and make sure it's more like what a true calzone should be.

Pepperfreak said:
I was just saying that minus the name it looked very tasty and that should be a WIN. :lol:

Yeah I really shouldn't have said 'calzone' :lol: cause as a stand alone nameless meal it was so very tasty.

texas blues said:
What? No matter what you call it...calzone, folded pizza, stromboli...(and it hurts me more than you to do this).....no cheese = FAIL! It's for your own good.

Nova...fresh meat for the meter!

Salute', TB.

Well you have spoken TB it shall be done!! lol

I must say though that calzone or not it really does look like a nice dish! Sorry moy TB made me do it!

fineexampl said:

I like it...:) Moyzone it is.:lol:

Novacastrian said:

I must say though that calzone or not it really does look like a nice dish! Sorry moy TB made me do it!

Well Nova i know how weak minded you are so I guess I can't hold it against you....:D

moyboy said:
The bread was great this morning as fried bread......I soaked it in egg and milk and grilled it....yummy.

Oh noes... That is not fried bred, that is french toast! :lol:

Anyway, I wouldn't say no to a moyzone. I might even try one with cheese this weekend.

Novacastrian said:

The gang of mod conspirators overruled Moy's no cheese FAIL. Thusly you do have to reset the meter....but it looks like I get the FAIL instead of Moy. Curse's! Foiled again!

Salute',TB.

texas blues said:
The gang of mod conspirators overruled Moy's no cheese FAIL. Thusly you do have to reset the meter....but it looks like I get the FAIL instead of Moy. Curse's! Foiled again!

Salute',TB.

Whatever you say TB, although for stuffing me around you get two points because i have to put moy's point somewhere....

I have had worse attempts on calzones, moyzone looks good soo does that loaf of bread what ya gonna do with it? gots ta have cheese me thinks.
a puglia and naples mix sounds pretty good anyways always love food pics anywhich way but loose:)

Thanks mate......The loaf was great as a breakfast loaf cause it was pretty sweet......I enjoyed it as french toast...:)

That looks like one mean calzone. My mother makes some seriously kick ass calzones from scratch all the time. Typically either spinach and cheese, or pepperoni, ham, salami, and a few different types of cheese(I'm not exactly sure which).

Back