• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First attempt at - BONCHI` = Bonsai chilli

OK, I have been playing with bonsai chilli this season.
Here is where Im at:
My first ; Dorset Naga ( this is tiny !) I forgot to put scale in sorry.
002-17.jpg

And here are some i have worked on but not potted yet;
Corno di torro, and Habaneros
004-13.jpg

Birdseye on right, ?? left (these are much smaller than they look )
006-14.jpg

here are some close ups of fruit on the little dorset after looking alittle closer... :)
014-8.jpg

012-12.jpg

( EDIT : Looking at this : it could be a scorp, as I mixed a tray of chinense up by accident - this guy was selected from a cell tray so unsure really. But it could be just deformed)

Bonchi is fun. Fatlii.net really seem to have it down really good, i have to go get some wiring he uses to bend the braches. Nice bonchi's!

what kind of wire do u use or should i get ?
oh yeah how did you get those stems to curve down like that
on your second pic with the corno di toro

Looking good Chilliman
I've been doing my version of bonsai chiles for a long time now but I've never been able to find the nice shallow bonsai pots. Any tips on where to look for them? Walmart maybe?

Noshownate said:
what kind of wire do u use or should i get ?
oh yeah how did you get those stems to curve down like that
on your second pic with the corno di toro

Get proper bonsai wire as its alittle more ply-able, and bend many many times with out breaking.

They are like that because I tied them down when they were younger.

POTAWIE said:
Looking good Chilliman
I've been doing my version of bonsai chiles for a long time now but I've never been able to find the nice shallow bonsai pots. Any tips on where to look for them? Walmart maybe?

Noshownate said:
Lowes garden center has them where im at.

I get some off ebay as well, but we have specialty shops, and nurseries here that stock em.

Toleman said:
What stops you getting the usual root bound problems?

PGR`s, plant growth regulators. I use Bonnza and H2o2 for my root zone problems.

here are some of conifers i started from cuttings about 2 years ago -
009-16.jpg

here is the wire - This is the thickest and thinest bonsai wire I use -
011-11.jpg

I use this wire because you cant see it ;)

I have a few different sizes. The biggest is a good base line up the trunk of the plant and gets thinner as you move toward the outside or thin parts of the plant.

I dont know the pro name, but it is BONSAI wire. (purpose made)it either a stained bronze or copper type colour.

Back