• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue?
    Then ask in Identification.

First Pepper of the 2008 Season...

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
Yaaaaaaaaa.....I have my first pepper(s) for the 2008 growing season....these are Franks Hot Sweets that Mister_Al sent me...

Plants are growing fine and there is one good sized pod with another smaller one to the upper left....

Hope they do well...I had to delay plantout another week...will be 39F (4C) here Monday morning...by the way, these plants are still in the 9oz plastic cups...

031908a0061bq2.jpg

Thanks BB and Ms Pam...I have about 5 or 6 of these plants and they all are loaded with blooms...

IGG - It's just a matter of time till you can plant...I will mail you some fresh peppers from my first harvest...would you like that my friend?

AlabamaJack said:
IGG - It's just a matter of time till you can plant...I will mail you some fresh peppers from my first harvest...would you like that my friend?
: swoon :

YES YES YES!!!! Would you like some tall corn seeds from me? They grow up to 15 feet tall.

nah...thats corny....thanks anyway... :lol:

thanks guys, but as I have said before....I have learned it all here...maybe have added a little with the way I am doing things...but all the knowledge you need to know is right here...if you don't know something and searches don't pull it up...post a question and you can get all the info and opinions you want...

you got that right Daisy....I am so antsy...I know a lot of people will pinch the tops of their plants to make them bush or not let them get as tall...I like things natural and the only thing that has been done to them is liquid nutrients in their water that consists of 1/2 Tbsp Botanicare progrow formula (3-1.5-4), 2 Tbsp H2O2, & 16 drops Superthrive per gallon. If they get water, they get fed...(seems to go together huh), kept them at 80F (~20C), and gave them ventilation twice a day with a pretty high velocity fan for 30 minutes...and took a zillion pictures....

OK I will stop ramblin'...

***what i meant to say was I was running out of room***

AlabamaJack said:
you got that right Daisy....I am so antsy...I know a lot of people will pinch the tops of their plants to make them bush or not let them get as tall...I like things natural and the only thing that has been done to them is liquid nutrients in their water that consists of 1/2 Tbsp Botanicare progrow formula (3-1.5-4), 2 Tbsp H2O2, & 16 drops Superthrive per gallon. If they get water, they get fed...(seems to go together huh), kept them at 80F (~20C), and gave them ventilation twice a day with a pretty high velocity fan for 30 minutes...and took a zillion pictures....

Aj, you keep saying you like things natural, but you realize that the Botanicare and the SuperThrive both have plant hormones in them, don't you? I was thinking, after seeing how straight up your plants have gone, that must be one of the effects of the hormones.

teh purple penguins said:
botanicare doesn't have any hormones from what i can read, and isn't superthrive sorta just stuff the plant makes by itself anyway? like b1 and auxin?

Auxin *is* a hormone. And on the Botanicare label, what do you think "select botanical plant extracts* are? Look, I'm not being critical, AJ's plants are gorgeous; but if you're manipulating your plants growth by adding hormones, it's not all natural.

First of all I just got a appointment with my doctor because AJ you make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!! these plants of green montrousities complete jealousy at its finest. Just by chance did you have a lil irishman come around and spray them on the 17th or what lol hahahaha They look really good and don't feel like lone ranger spring will come but never soon enough for us ins. joe

AJ you really have it going on man. Nice looking plant for sure and make sure you show that after pic when its riped.

pam, i asked because you seem to know quite a bit about organic fertilizer and maybe i could get this cleared up for me : ). i see so those are hormones, and i actually don't see "select botanical plant extracts" unless it's that sneaky 'amino acids' on the ingredients list. i was wondering because i like to know what goes in my plants : ).

i was also wondering because i read on some weird forums some controversy about superthrive's hormones not being hormones or something. thanks for the clear up : )

that sucks that pure blend pro has hormones if it does with 'pure' in it's name :(

and i agree with okie and igg, jealous :(

Back