• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First ripe 7 Pot/Pod with a picture

I hurried out to check the pods when I got home from work and one of the 7 Pot's was 99% yellow so I plucked it. I went to my Uncle's to share it with him and my oldest cousin. I sliced it in half and saved the seeds and then sliced the larger piece into quarters. I didn't have the balls to eat half the pod at once; I was surprised at the heat but not overwhelmed and the taste was good, similar to an Habanero but not as tasty as the Falali yesterday.

The heat was intense but I suspect on the low end of the heat scale for 7 Pot's. The burning sensation lasted at least 15 minutes and then my tongue went numb, I felt the heat down to the bottom of my rib cage in about 10 minutes and 45 minutes later I feel it in my stomach.

4750715428_8eef9ac2c4_b.jpg

Very cool. I love the yellow and deep orange colored pods. Still waiting on my first ripe pods here. Still waiting on summer here! Last night it got down to 54F. :rolleyes:

Gotta love those Yellow7s. They're not in the same league as the other super hotties but they still pack a big punch. I like them because they light a fire under you but don't give you that intense pain the others do.

Back