• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First ripe Fatalis:

These are the first of my Fatalis to ripen. They're a bit on the small side, as the first pods tend to be (larger one's not much over an inch long), but it's a start. They started changing colour yesterday and I'm surpsised how quick they turned. The smaller one has already been scoffed on a sandwich and the other hasn't long to live. It's the first one I've ever eaten and won't be the last. Wasn't outrageous hot but I'm sure as the larger ones ripen that will change.... I just wish my 7pots will hurry up and ripen.

001-2.jpg

JungleRain said:
Good luck Kenny, most of my plants are yet to set pods, most of the ones that have set are the C. Annuums

But when they do, you will have a rich bounty with all those plants you have...

PepperLover said:
you sure its fatalii it looks small here

Yes. Yes I am.

I have A ripe pod :D It came from the fatalii comparison plant ~9 months olds!

Heres a pic of it ripening on the plant. I would put a pic up of the actual ripe pod however i am down to dial up speed atm.

Pretty much ripened over night.

002-4.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful. I never really thought about it before, you Austrlian guys seasons dont match up with ours in the states, ¿que no? Yall are in the sping or summer now?

Dead of ssummeerrr, hell by the way al gors was tweakin his shit we should be dead by now!! Ha ajah whatever. CHILLIS RU[LE!! BWBAHHA..

Mjdtexan said:
What is the tempature there now where yalls Fataliis are ripening?

Temps have been up and down lately, it could be 38 one day and 20 the next. Celcius that is. At least I'm getting rain this summer though. I haven't had to water much this year which is a good thing.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Temps have been up and down lately, it could be 38 one day and 20 the next. Celcius that is. At least I'm getting rain this summer though. I haven't had to water much this year which is a good thing.

Thats between 68f and 104f for us. Did you get flower drop or bud drop in the high heat situations? The reason I am asking you these questions is because I am new to this and I am just trying to figure out the growth habits of peppers. Sorry for all the questions.

Mjdtexan said:
Thats between 68f and 104f for us. Did you get flower drop or bud drop in the high heat situations? The reason I am asking you these questions is because I am new to this and I am just trying to figure out the growth habits of peppers. Sorry for all the questions.

Ask all the questions you like, however I must warn you that I don't have all the answers :). There are plenty of others around here who do though. As for flower drop, my Dorset Nagas don't seem to be liking the heat, with only one pod set so far and lots of flower drop, and no Scorpions or Bihs have set. The Nagas seem to be the first plants to wilt with the heat. The Yellow7s and Jonah7s, however, are setting fruit like nobody's business, they never wilt even on the hottest days and they just keep on keeping on. I'm pretty impressed with these plants. The Fatalis are setting heaps too. All are in the same dirt and getting the same water and fertilizers. I think I need to update my grow log.... if only I could remember where I left it.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Ask all the questions you like, however I must warn you that I don't have all the answers :). There are plenty of others around here who do though. As for flower drop, my Dorset Nagas don't seem to be liking the heat, with only one pod set so far and lots of flower drop, and no Scorpions or Bihs have set. The Nagas seem to be the first plants to wilt with the heat. The Yellow7s and Jonah7s, however, are setting fruit like nobody's business, they never wilt even on the hottest days and they just keep on keeping on. I'm pretty impressed with these plants. The Fatalis are setting heaps too. All are in the same dirt and getting the same water and fertilizers. I think I need to update my grow log.... if only I could remember where I left it.

So, maybe when yall head on into your fall season the other plants will set fruit? I guess after a season or two I will have a better idea of what plants work well for me. Thank You very much.

Back