• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Fish & Shits

Bou

Extreme Member
Ice fishing, shore fishing, boat fishing, kayak fishing, name it as long as we are talking about fishing, or fishing!!

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to fish in the summer but winter means more free time for me, and more free time equals more fishing! Now that the ice is thick enough, it's time to head back to my "portable tavern" and see if we can catch some (hopefully fat) walleye🤞

It's cold as fuck right now but no problem here, the wood stove will be running full blast and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, isn't??! Feel free to post anything related to fishing shits, you're all wecome🤘

IMG_20150129_173050.jpg

20220107_151826.jpg

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Right on Bou ..... Roger that! Fishin' and drinkin' are 2 things I do best (+ a couple other things). I wish we could get some ice ..... I'm ready for some crappie fishing.

Reactions: Bou
Bunch of people got the ride of their lives here this last week, ice fishing.. Whole section of it broke off and floated off. Our ice can't seem to decide if it's coming or going. I've never had a walleye out of the ice.. Bet they are good.

Right on Bou ..... Roger that! Fishin' and drinkin' are 2 things I do best (+ a couple other things). I wish we could get some ice ..... I'm ready for some crappie fishing.
🤔Never mentioned being drinking while fishing... but I guess the second picture kinda betrayed me... we fishermen are all the same!! Wish you some cold nights so the ice can thicken in your area.

Bunch of people got the ride of their lives here this last week, ice fishing.. Whole section of it broke off and floated off. Our ice can't seem to decide if it's coming or going. I've never had a walleye out of the ice.. Bet they are good.
My shack is located in a very quiet bay of the Saint-Pierre Lake, an enlargement of the St-Lawrence River. There is currently about 16 inches of ice (only 3 feet of water under it) so unless we have rain for several days, my season should last until the beginning of March, at least!

There will soon be 2 villages both with around 900 cabins assembled, one visible on that picture one just on the left (la baie, saguenay) here is a clear picture before the village, i'll put another one once the village is built

Attachments

• 16420871464466427716320102244191.jpg
    16420871464466427716320102244191.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 119
There will soon be 2 villages both with around 900 cabins assembled, one visible on that picture one just on the left (la baie, saguenay) here is a clear picture before the village, i'll put another one once the village is built

Cool! never been fishing on the frozen Fjord but I may try to go there in the coming weeks.

Last time I brought back home way more empty beer cans than fish but this time at least I landed a pike. Who's afraid of a "little" snow storm anyway?! (says the guy who needed a little hand to unstock his car earlier on...😅). Fish on!!

Attachments

• 20220117_155122.jpg
    20220117_155122.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
You're telling like it can be done otherwise, that's possible?

Boarding began this saturday, here is what it looks like this morning at 7:30 and -32° (C and F).
20220124_073210.jpg
20220124_073133.jpg
Looks like the village appeared overnight!! My coworker was there last weekend but I don't know if he caught something yet, saturday was freeaking cold to go fishing... And you are right, there is probably no way a fisherman can come back home without some empty beer cans; that sounds impossible, at least for me!!

Last night's sunset. It always amazes me to see how quickly the sun goes down once near the horizon; almost as fast as I'm pulling the plug after a good day at work!!
20220123_164133 (002).jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually impressed by the speed at wich boarding goes. It was already looking like that yesterday at noon so the village DID appear overnight.

That being said, ice fishing is a religion around here and many people are fervent believers. Boarding began 2 weeks after the fishing season opened so many of them consider they already lost 2 weeks out of a 10 week season so although impressive, its not THAT surprising.

Never doubt the zeal of some of those fisher, some of them actually passed the night in their fishing tents at -30something before cabins were allowed to board

Ice fishing is fun!

Another "icebreaker".

F335B15D-A51B-4EE7-982B-A569391E5AE9.gif
It is mate!! and it's even funnier when you see some dick heads (who firmly believe they are smarter than the rest of us) venture just a tad too far...🤦‍♂️😅

Back on the ice (over 20 inches thick) and patiently waiting for some action🤘
20220125_135925.jpg

Back on the ice, hoping to catch my first wally of 2022. Weather is nice but there's so many ATV's and ski doo foolin around that it sure won't help... Oh well, my always reliable liquid friends and some old school Metallica are easing my pain atm😁 Have a nice day folks!

Back