• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Fla. Inmates Make, Sell Own Hot Sauce

MrArboc said:
Honestly, I'm more afraid of what I get when the product is made by minimum wage workers. Are they tested for diseases? Do they know anyting about what they do? If the boss do not bother to hire qualified staff, then do the boss care about the product?

Do minimum wage workers take pride in what they do as I'm sure these inmates do?

(Been there, done that... But not with food!)

true, I guess you never know about whos making the products you eat. it does make you wonder what goes on, & when seeing those "behind the scenes...." for food prep/handling :shocked: it sure makes ya want to make all your own food :lol:

then I guess you could also be leary of bottles at the table, if someone added something to it ?

I'll try some of it tonight and tell you guys if i find any contraband in the bottle. That or if i don't post tomorrow you all know that i am dead.

chillilover said:
They did put it in wood and apparently a 12 foot 2X4 has enough in it to kill over 200 people.

There was alot of arsenic used in the treating of the wood, but it will outlast anything you buy today, and it might have killed in its raw for but not how it was once the wood was treated. And why was the method of using copper to treat wood stopped? Copper can be dangerous to your health also, but they still use it in pennies, and for plumbing for drinking water in houses.

chilehunter said:
I think arsenic is also found naturally in some seeds of fruit that people use the fruit flesh for jams or wines.

Its mainly in apple seeds. There is enough in one seed to kill a few birds.

MrArboc said:
Honestly, I'm more afraid of what I get when the product is made by minimum wage workers. Are they tested for diseases? Do they know anyting about what they do? If the boss do not bother to hire qualified staff, then do the boss care about the product?

Do minimum wage workers take pride in what they do as I'm sure these inmates do?

(Been there, done that... But not with food!)

Why would the inmates have more pride making food than minimum wage workers? It's not much money but its more than the inmates are making. Why would minimum wage workers need to be tested for diseases if people making more money aren't? You think because they make less they're dirty?

chillilover said:
Why would minimum wage workers need to be tested for diseases if people making more money aren't? You think because they make less they're dirty?

Why would inmates need to be tested if workers aren't? Do you think they are dirty just because they got caught breaking the law?

chillilover said:
Oh, I guess I missed the "minimum" oops. Maximum and I wouldn't eat it. :P I don't like razor blades and arsenic:shocked:

What kind of F'd up world do you live in? How do you grow anything? You are sooooo closed minded. It's about people trying to do something positive in their life throught peppers. Keep your "Killer" comments to yourself! Don't be so quick to judge those you don't know... I bet you salt your food before you try it too...

joeknowsjolokia said:
What kind of F'd up world do you live in? How do you grow anything? You are sooooo closed minded. It's about people trying to do something positive in their life throught peppers. Keep your "Killer" comments to yourself! Don't be so quick to judge those you don't know... I bet you salt your food before you try it too...

chillilover said:
Oh, I guess I missed the "minimum" oops. Maximum and I wouldn't eat it. :P I don't like razor blades and arsenic:shocked:

See what I said. I thought it was a maximum security prison which does hold killers and then I don't have to keep my comments to myself.

MrArboc said:
Why would inmates need to be tested if workers aren't? Do you think they are dirty just because they got caught breaking the law?

Didn't say they need to be tested, just thought it was a maximum security prison where people are doing life for murdering their family or who ever, and if they did that and are spending life without parole, they obviously don't care about life and wouldn't care if the posioned or hurt you.

chillilover said:
Didn't say they need to be tested, just thought it was a maximum security prison where people are doing life for murdering their family or who ever, and if they did that and are spending life without parole, they obviously don't care about life and wouldn't care if the posioned or hurt you.

What paranoid world do you live in?

MrArboc said:
What paranoid world do you live in?
I live on earth, where people get shot for looking at other people the wrong way. And your saying that people that are serving life for murder would care about you, anyone or anything for that matter?

POTAWIE said:
I'm hoping for an insane asylum sauce, :)

Now thats the stuff i'd be afraid of. I wouldn't want hot sauce made by insane people, they'd put silly shit like brake fluid and legos in it and stuff.......

Oh, wait....i already use Defcon 1 daily......:oops:

chillilover said:
And your saying that people that are serving life for murder would care about you, anyone or anything for that matter?

Are you saying that they would have any reason whatsoever to harm unknown people, to poison people that they haven't met and never will? That they would get involed in a program to grow chiles and make sauce just to destroy that program and their chance to actually do something worthwhile by harming people? Get real, dude. Inmates are just like you and me - the only difference is that they got caught.

This is making a lot more sense now...

Once again I'm not saying inmates in a minimum security prison would do this....but yes from a maximum they could and might. If they'd kill there own mother/kid etc, they would have no problem doing it to you since something is definitely wrong upstairs. What's another 20 years added on to a life sentence. They are not like me but maybe you.....I don't go around killing people but not getting caught. If you think I'm parinoid because of this and my other post, lets see who else would/wouldn't eat sauce made from a maximum security prison.

I would eat the sauce from a maximum or minimum security jail, but like sickmont said not an insane asylum. Unless i coated my tounge with wax first :P

Mr Arboc is right in my opinion, they are people just like you and me. I have done things in the past that could get me a MINIMUM of 14 years inside the clink but i am not a murderer, hell i know a murderer that confessed to his crime 13 years after the fact and initially got sentenced to 3 1/2 years increased to 7 upon appeal by the victims family.

He could have got away with it too because a cop told him how to go about the dirty business of body disposal. He is a normal person just like you and me too, just that he murdered someone.

Novacastrian said:
He is a normal person just like you and me too, just that he murdered someone.
:lol: ummmm :lol: that's quite a distinction.
:rofl:
OMG... um... WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! LOL
OJ's a fun old chap too :lol:
WTF!!!???!LOL

texas blues said:
Who knew? SumBits and FD4 making sauce and posting from jail. HAH! Those cheap beer cans were all full of jailhouse raisonjack!

lol! It's great, we get 3 meals a day, wifi, cable, a full kitchen, workout room, 45 minutes a day outside of our cage to tend to our pepper plants, no responsibilities, all at taxpayer expense.

but the showers are terrible.

Nobody send those guys any dorset seeds. They might make pepper spray and try to escape.

Back