• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Flowerbed Thread 2009

AJ,

I think your plan needs to include at least one Pink Angels Trumpet, probably two, both planted in the rear of the bed. They are perennials in your neck of the woods and are stunning.

Of course, I'm biased!

Mike

wordwiz said:
AJ,

I think your plan needs to include at least one Pink Angels Trumpet, probably two, both planted in the rear of the bed. They are perennials in your neck of the woods and are stunning.

Of course, I'm biased!

Mike

He'd have to get a yellow one to go with his color scheme. The pink are lovely, but pink would clash.

AJ this post reminds me of what I had planned to do last year and never got round to. I wanted to fill the space in front of my greenhouse and decided on a flowerbed. I wanted lots of different colours like a rainbow and thought Petunia's would give me all the colours I wanted, I mean I wasn't fussy about the colours, as long as I could have a big variety.

The garden to be dug here:
01072008224-1.jpg

And make a rainbow shape:
rainbowtemplate-1-1.gif

RB...that would be sooooo cool if you make it...

I definitely want to see pictures and I betcha you can find flowers in the color you want....that would be pretty....

thanks Andres...

RB and all....if we wanted, we could just make this thread the "Flowerbed Thread" to show what we all grow/like in the flowers...

I plan on having some killer petunia hanging baskets (6), and about 4 pansies, plus my 4 topsy turvy's with tomatos in them. And then there will be our rose bushes (6 or so), and Linda always has to have begonias...

hmmmm...wonder if I can change the title....

You are doing it all wrong. I'm planning on taking a flowerbed and putting some pepper plants in it. Using Fatalii peppers in the back for height. Planting some Bhut Jolokia's in front of them. Then some Habaneros, and finally some Thai peppers up front. I think the colors will be good...yellow on the Fatalii, red on the Bhut, etc. You know you can't eat marigolds...they don't taste good...so why waste good space? Are you giving into your wives? Are you whipped? (BTW....shhhhh...please don't let my wife see this post!!!!!!)

I know your post is in jest, but I really look forward to trying to grow a flower garden (away from my veggies!) that people will look at and admire. Hey, I'm even going so far as to try to build a waterfall/fountain!

Mike

rainbowberry said:
AJ this post reminds me of what I had planned to do last year and never got round to. I wanted to fill the space in front of my greenhouse and decided on a flowerbed. I wanted lots of different colours like a rainbow and thought Petunia's would give me all the colours I wanted, I mean I wasn't fussy about the colours, as long as I could have a big variety.

The garden to be dug here:
01072008224-1.jpg

And make a rainbow shape:
rainbowtemplate-1-1.gif

RB, I like your petunia idea, they are one of my favorite flowers as they bloom early, long and will be the very last flower blooming in the snowbanks of Minnesota. A plus is that they smell great. What's not to like? Can't wait to see your flower bed.

Thanks Jackie, I thought they were a good choice too. I didn't want to use lots of different types of flowers anyway because of the height differences and when they might flower and how long for.

wordwiz said:
I know your post is in jest, but I really look forward to trying to grow a flower garden (away from my veggies!) that people will look at and admire. Hey, I'm even going so far as to try to build a waterfall/fountain!

Mike

Hey, I was growing flowers before I was growing peppers. I like both. One of the reasons I bought this house was the huge yard. I have room for lots of flowers and peppers.

ddrsheden said:
You are doing it all wrong. I'm planning on taking a flowerbed and putting some pepper plants in it. Using Fatalii peppers in the back for height. Planting some Bhut Jolokia's in front of them. Then some Habaneros, and finally some Thai peppers up front. I think the colors will be good...yellow on the Fatalii, red on the Bhut, etc. You know you can't eat marigolds...they don't taste good...so why waste good space? Are you giving into your wives? Are you whipped? (BTW....shhhhh...please don't let my wife see this post!!!!!!)

Well, I figure 400 pepper plants need some company... :lol:

and I was going to try and hold it down to 200 this year...roflmao

AlabamaJack said:
Well, I figure 400 pepper plants need some company... :lol:

and I was going to try and hold it down to 200 this year...roflmao

Haha I knew it AJ. I said that months ago. It makes me very happy though. It means there are going to be some great harvest pics coming from you.

FWIW, I don't think it takes a lot of thinking or skill to plant veggies. Who cares if the Bhuts' color clashes with the Habs'? Stick them in a row, let them grow. But a flower garden?

Colors and height are everything - at least from what I understand. Blooming times, perennial vs. annual (then bring in the Hardy adjective)

I eat the stuff from my garden, people look at Linda's!

Mike

Back