• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

FML!!!!

Here are some pics of the culprit. He's far too cute and appologetic to be mad at anymore. PLUS about three more germinated since then so atleast I'll have a few plants.

P1020800-1.jpg

"I iz so srry....plz no hatez me mmm-k??"

P1020801-1.jpg

DarkTrak said:
Here are some pics of the culprit. He's far too cute and appologetic to be mad at anymore. PLUS about three more germinated since then so atleast I'll have a few plants.

P1020800-1.jpg

"I iz so srry....plz no hatez me mmm-k??"

P1020801-1.jpg

AWWW! NO WAY could you be mad at that little baby face!! Hes got "sorry" written all over!!! My dog chewed on some leaves from a full grown plant a few months ago... and we created a barrier around our seedlings after that. I honestly think he was jealous bc the amount of attention the plants were receiving.. hes the baby in the house and also an attention whore ... this breed is known for being spiteful, which may be your problem!

xo

Silver_Surfer said:
Yeah, but dogs like to smell things first and inhaling pepper dust is a whole new ball game. Ever see the movie Cool Hand Luke where Paul Newman escaped and covered his tracks with pepper? ;)

That's Hollywood. Mythbusters tried the pepper deal, covering your tracks with coffee grounds, going into water, changing clothes etc. with trained tracking dogs and none of them worked. They were found. The only thing that thew the dog was when they went into the city and one of them rode the bus.

You can trick a trained bloodhound by covering part of your trail with ground pepper.

BUSTED

The bloodhound was briefly confused, but it soon rediscovered the trail and found Adam.

Episode 74

That and my dog doesn't sniff them. She sees them then takes a bite. She's already learned what they are. I'd also have to wonder about the effectiveness when the powder is on the ground and the dog is eating the tops or in my case, pulling the peppers off the 1.5' tall plants.

Nicole said:
AWWW! NO WAY could you be mad at that little baby face!! Hes got "sorry" written all over!!! My dog chewed on some leaves from a full grown plant a few months ago... and we created a barrier around our seedlings after that. I honestly think he was jealous bc the amount of attention the plants were receiving.. hes the baby in the house and also an attention whore ... this breed is known for being spiteful, which may be your problem!

xo

Kona has been part of our family since he was 5 weeks old. He is hands down THE best dog I have ever had. Even if he does ruin the things I love on a regular basis. Im starting to realize that he knows how to get the attention he wants. He always looks at me in the garden from the sliding door.
P1020309.jpg

P1020299.jpg

103_2353.jpg

That's what I mean by keepin' it real.

A chile plant's a piece of green and you don't love it and it doesn't love you.....the dog, on the other hand.

Beautiful pit -- We got ours late Oct last year and he tore up every plant I had planted and ran around the yard with the plant and root ball like he was the king sh*t -- He so curious Im going to keep them in pots but up a couple of feet with some chicken wire for "his" safety -- try again
-- live and learn

SO cute!! I got mine (well, hes pit boxer mastiff mix) 5 years ago, full grown, from the shelter .. hes about 7 yrs old now. Ive given up yelling at him when he does something "bad" bc he already knows what hes is and isnt allowed to do and all that happens when I yell is that I get upset... and end up feeling worse when he tries to snuggle and appologize!!!

I shudder to think what would happen if I started a garden. Our dog uses my bras for chew toys. Perhaps she wouldn't get into the plants, she doesn't go out in the yard w/o us keeping her company.

pileiton said:
I shudder to think what would happen if I started a garden. Our dog uses my bras for chew toys. Perhaps she wouldn't get into the plants, she doesn't go out in the yard w/o us keeping her company.

Mine goes for seat belts. I think I would rather spend the money on a new bra than a new seat belt (even tho I replace them myself...they're still more expensive than bras). I'm lucky that my 3 year old doberman does get into my peppers.

Seat belts?!?!? LMAO! How random is that! Well you could use the chewed ones for stuff around the house im sure. They are pretty strong so there has got to be some use for them?

secretz said:
Mine goes for seat belts. I think I would rather spend the money on a new bra than a new seat belt (even tho I replace them myself...they're still more expensive than bras). I'm lucky that my 3 year old doberman does get into my peppers.

Some of the guys say that the dogs are getting jelous of the time spent with the objects.... hahahaha

Back