• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Foodex Sriracha hot chilisauce

QuadShotz said:
I really like SBPR on eggs. :)

Oh yeah on eggs its awsome!I use Huy Fong Sriracha on everything..I make sandwiches for work they are smothered in it..I love the taste of it compaired to some other Sriracha sauces ive bought.I always keep a spair bottle of it here because I have to go the next city over to get it..

bentalphanerd said:
you're probably right...I've had this empty packet so long I've forgotten where it came from...just know I want more, or even better to find a recipe.

something like this?:

peel and finely chop 2 Lebanese cucumbers and combine with 1 cup (250ml/8oz) plain yoghurt in a small bowl. set aside.

fry 1ts each ground cumin and mustard seeds in a dry pan for 1 minute until fragrant. add the toasted spices to the yoghurt mixture with 1/2ts grated fresh ginger and mix well to combine.

season well with salt and black pepper and garnish with a pinch of paprika. serve chilled, makes about 2c.

as far as Sriracha goes, I cannot believe it has only 3% garlic! it tastes more like 20%. I really love this sauce but after eating it you tend to have a green haze around you that kills insects and keeps people away.

chilliman64 said:
as far as Sriracha goes, I cannot believe it has only 3% garlic! it tastes more like 20%. I really love this sauce but after eating it you tend to have a green haze around you that kills insects and keeps people away.

LOL! Thats funny.

You may have gotten one of the garlic ones..there are different flavors. And, they vary by maker and country A LOT.

See link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sriracha

Pic of varieties: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flying_goose_sriracha.jpg

Me, I just get the Huy Fong "regular" version. :)

-QS

Sriracha Recipe:

1 cup garlic cloves, peeled
pinch of salt
5 to 10 dried long red chiles (more as needed), deseeded and soaked
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 cup water

Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and cover. Simmer until garlic and chiles are tender, replenishing with a little water, if necessary. Cool and puree.

It is available here at ANY asian food store. Have you tried some chinese/vietnamese/korean/whatever... stores, Omri? If there are any where you live!?

It's a nice to have a round sauce for a lot of purposes and pretty cheap, too.

We have pretty much everything (including "chinese/vietnamese/korean/whatever" people), but can't seem to find it. I'll ask around.

chilliman64 said:

I know what you mean, garlic is the second ingredient on the list but my bottle dosen't give a %, only says 70% chillis.

Yeah the big bottle I get from my asian store is 28oz and costs $3.99. :)

In regular grocery stores here, you get a smaller bottle for that price, but it's the same stuff.

rainbowberry said:
I know what you mean, garlic is the second ingredient on the list but my bottle dosen't give a %, only says 70% chillis.

I think there are two kinds, one that is "just hot" i.e. yours and one with garlic as a main ingredient. The latter is a bit harder to find, though.

Does the colour of the top make any difference? On the first page one has a red top and on this page a green top. Mine has a green top.

Coop said:
Sriracha-Hot-Sauce-M.png

ingredients: Chili 44.8%, water 35.2%, sugar 13.4%, garlic 3.2%, salt 1.9% cornstarch, vinegar, monosodiumglutamate (E621), citric acid (E330), xanthan gum (E414), potassium sorbate (E202), natural colour: paprika (E160(c))
They are different, mine dosen't even have a rooster on the front like in the other picture, or a mushroom, I have a flying bird. The ingredients in mine are:

chilli 70%, garlic, sugar, water, flavour enhancer (E621), stabilizer (E415) Citric acid (E330), Preservative (E202)

It's worth getting the "Rooster Sauce," as my niece calls it. It's got an awesome flavor for asian cuisine, and it's got some heat to it! Actually, I've just recently started adding it to soup, and it's fantastic!!

If you can't find some, I'm sure someone can mail you a bottle. It's only a couple bucks. I don't know what that comes to in English Pounds, probably like 113 or something. I can't remember the URL for xe.com right now or I'd do a conversion.

Back