food Free jar of my Marzano/Manzano pizza sauce. Contest

Essegi said:
I don't take part of contest since i'm outside US, but mine probably are buffalo mozz and tomato puree.  :P

Those are REALLY good looking pizze. I hope some day to be able to cook something like that. Where i live maybe just 1 pizzeria make stuff so good looking (and maybe not as good as, spotted crust looks great here).
Out of interest, that prices are regular on US for a pizza?
Of course if they are higher than average it's more than justified...

Those prices are quite expensive (most would think) for what you get.  Pizzas are individual servings - around 9 or 10", though there's enough stuff on the menu that you and a date could split a pie and get some other stuff.  The whole story - the guy brought the bricks and the stone masons who built the oven over from Italy on a freighter - had them build the oven at his shop and then flew them home.  The pies only take a minute or two - something like 1200 degrees in there.  

Should have sent you that link a while back Essegi ;) 

SmokenFire said:
Those prices are quite expensive (most would think) for what you get.  Pizzas are individual servings - around 9 or 10", though there's enough stuff on the menu that you and a date could split a pie and get some other stuff.  The whole story - the guy brought the bricks and the stone masons who built the oven over from Italy on a freighter - had them build the oven at his shop and then flew them home.  The pies only take a minute or two - something like 1200 degrees in there.  

Should have sent you that link a while back Essegi ;)
Interesting! Temps probably are within 800-900F and cooking time between 60-90s. Really good stuff. 9 or 10" is small though, but quality matters.

Not in it for the contest, but rucola (i believe you guys call it rocket), smoked raw ham, grilled mushrooms, garlic, mozarella di buffala, basil and offcourse oregano, salt, pepper and a bit of home made tomato sauce (for this kind of topic without kick works the best). If you add a kick, smoked bacon, grilled mushrooms, mild red onions, corno di toro rosso (pointy bell pepper, not sure how to translate to english), mozarella and some grana padano cheese for sharpness.

Bake the pizza in a apple or pear fired wood oven.

Back