• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Free Steak Sauce...for a price...

Thanks for your interest, greyhound. I am waiting on process authority approval , then I'll have a nice intro sale special.

PS.....To those who did participate in the first batch, keep your eyes on the mailbox. ;) .

i just found this thread and read it from the beginning. i agree with your original post that you never used steak sauce. a good cut of steak doesn`t need any sauce, maybe just some course salt and fresh ground black pepper. a nice ribeye needs no sauce. i only use sauce on cheaper cuts that are less flavorful and need some help. without tasting it and hearing the reviews i would say a little more heat and some ground black pepper and keep everything else the same. just my 2 cents. i will order some when you have it ready.

Thanks for your comments, luvme~~,.

Just as you said, we have used the sauce one time on steak and it was a cheap tough cut. We have used it lots of times on burgers, burritos, eggs, chicken, pork...Just not on steak.

Curious how you developed a steak sauce but only ate it once on steak? What kinda R&D is that? lol! I'd say maybe it is not a steak sauce if you found yourself using on other things. Do you think a grilling angle would work? I like a good grilling sauce. If you say BBQ people think one thing, that thick BBQ sauce, but grilling, they think a thinner sweet/savory sauce; chicken, kebabs, veggies, burgers.

For the community hot sauce class last winter, someone wanted to make a spicy steak sauce. I bought a couple brands of steak sauce. One was thinner and very sharp, almost dry like a dry wine. The other was much sweeter and reminded me of a savory catsup.

Since then I bought a couple more brands. I think my sauce is better. Well see~~~

Sounds like those who use steak sauce use it on everything. I suppose it could be called a meat sauce.

Meat sauce sounds Italian.

I never use the stuff. I don't have any A1 or 57. I think kids like it, as well as ketchup on steak. When I was a kid I was in the A1 camp, I liked the tanginess, to me 57 went better with chicken.

I'm trying to think of how you could market it since most people don't buy sauce for steak which makes it an even harder sell for craft.

Hmmmmm.

How about calling it a burger sauce? That piques my interest more. People would still use it for chicken sandwiches and beef tacos. But if I went to a hot sauce website and they had a burger sauce, it would interest me. Plus, burgers are the number #1 fast food in America, or at least at the top.

label:

Texas Creek Burger Sauce
...and other grilled meats
HOT!

Pic of burger with onion rings, swiss, and the sauce dripping.

Texas Creek
Spicy Burger Sauce
~use it on all your meats~

Meat Sauce sounds like Ragu, didn't think of that. 

I don't have labels at the printer yet, still time to make a decision.

I like burger sauce because it makes me think of grilling and meat and something for cheesesteaks, chicken sandwiches, etc, BBQ sauce, no, too many and different, hot sauce for steak, makes no sense because hot sauce can be for anything, steak sauce makes me think of a product I would not use much... at least burger sauce sounds interesting because many people seek the perfect ketchup replacement and use steak and bbq sauce etc.

WOW
I just got a package in today a little unexpectedly. Got hooked up with a HUGE bottle of sauce and wow. I'm not sure if you're still looking for feedback, but here it goes anyway.

I liked the test batch of the sauce. It had a lot of good qualities but to me it was a little sweet and lacked the bite you want in a steak sauce. This bottle seemed to take that same base, but amplify all of the great parts and tone down the sweetness. I think it's really grown into the title of steak sauce and it's the best steak sauce I've had. I love the heat too. There's spice, but not so much that only a pepperhead can use it. It's like you read my mind on how to modify it and it's almost like a completely different sauce (for the better).

But yeah I love that you didn't sacrifice the unique flavor to get that bite and heat in there. Thanks again for sending it.

Thanks, Andy W. I'm glad you like the revised sauce. Thanks for taking the time to post comments.

I added a different Chile for a different heat than just the one Chile in the first batches. Also, THP mentioned fresh ground pepper. I took a cup and a half of coarse ground black pepper, ran it through the Blendtec to a fine grind...Fresh ground taste without the grit.
SL

Thanks, DWB! Comments appreciated

I will try some on these stuffed peppers in about 30 minutes lol.

20180910_191350.jpg

20180910_174218.jpg

Thanks everyone.

I'll be heading to our chilihead camp out in a couple days, so I won't be able to reply to posts for a few days. Have patience, I will respond when back in civilization.

SL

Back