• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

FreeportBum's kind of late but here is my first Glog.

Wanted to do this for a while but haven't found the time, So testing..... trying to post a pic if it works I have a bunch more.  Want to say thanks to jamie(romy6) for most of the super hot seeds.  Seeds started march 11, all plants except sweet cheese are in 10gal pots mixed with sunshine mix #4 and happy frog. 

This years growing list-
Yellow 7 pod
Congo trinidad
Chocolate naga morich
Yellow brain strain
Brain strain
Douglah
Trinidad scorpion(butch t's)- from my plants last year
Yellow sweet cheese
Long Cayenne- two varieties
and a couple other mystery plants

peppers2013_zpsa26fb9da.jpg

romy6 said:
 Beautiful pic and excellent box from Joyners. I know how much time it takes to label pods. That Rennie looks full of placenta and oil :onfire: . 

Oh and I do love garlic my friend:) 
Thanks Jamie, the Rennie was really nice. Very sweet at first with a great fruity smell and flavor, then a very dry burn on the throat.

stickman said:
Whoa! That's a great shot of the inside of that Rennie pod! Good on ya Devan... :party:

Thanks Rick still practicing, no fancy camera here just using the one on my ipad.  Sun really seem's to help with the close up pod shots for me. 
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Devan prepare yourself if that is even possible. I am about to smoke some pods for a chocolate mix and here is a quick shot of the chocolate mix I sent you...think it is hot?

581991_10200275694079389_1113557830_n.jpg

Yeah that looks wicked, the Douglah x choco scorp you sent was full of placenta. I split it with a friend last night, great burn really reminded me of the sepia serpent I received from SS.  Have you eaten a Rennie pod? I was surprised at how sweet at first it was, then followed by a crazy dry burn. Really liked them hope I get a few to grow next year  :twisted:

stickman said:
Nice pics Devan...  Shane's a straight-up guy!

You should get the bottle of sauce in the mail today... please let me know that it got through OK, would you?

Received the package yesterday Rick thank you my friend! color looks great, can't wait to tap into it, not sure how much longer I can hold out  :P   :dance:

Hi Devan,
   I just tried one of my bottles of Choc. Hab. Blueberry sauce... it's mellowed a bit and the Blueberry taste has moved to the front, so I'd say it's time to unleash the dogs! Cheers guy... have a great Labor Day Weekend!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Yellow 7's are awesome fresh and the powder is wonderful! Sometimes those little harvest are perfect....I have now moved into feeding mosquitoes each picking session and it sucks!
yeah love the heat and the flavor on them.  I need to do a side by side test here with yellow 7 and yellow brain.....

capsidadburn said:
Great looking harvest and awesome mail delivery score!

Thank you sir! 
stickman said:
Hi Devan,
   I just tried one of my bottles of Choc. Hab. Blueberry sauce... it's mellowed a bit and the Blueberry taste has moved to the front, so I'd say it's time to unleash the dogs! Cheers guy... have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Awesome Rick-  Going to grill something up nice this evening and break out your sauce. Thinking maybe some local pork.... I will post later what I forage up and let you know what I think. Thanks again  :dance:

Very nice harvest! Seed source for those Brains? I have three going, from two different members...and all three are different. Once pheno looks very similar to yours and that one was from Jamie (Romy6) was wondering if yours came from him??? Those John Doe's look BEEFY! How does the heat stack up to an average cayenne?

stickman said:
Cool! I'll be interested in your impressions. Cheers!
Ended up going out for dinner last night Rick, but I did pick up some Beautiful local pork rib chops to grill tonight. I will be sampling your sauce and posting pics this evening.  :party:

stc3248 said:
Very nice harvest! Seed source for those Brains? I have three going, from two different members...and all three are different. Once pheno looks very similar to yours and that one was from Jamie (Romy6) was wondering if yours came from him??? Those John Doe's look BEEFY! How does the heat stack up to an average cayenne?
I have two plants from the same seed that I received from Jamie  :P  Love the pods, both plants have pods with different shapes. Ones that look just like a carrot brain, and then a much more typical shape. I will get good pics of both when the sun comes out.  The Cayenne's in the pic came from the same plant that has a very mild heat less then jala. Have one more plant with no heat and two plants with more heat then last year, all from same seed. 

Devv said:
Nice harvest!

Your thoughts on the Yellow 7?
Yellow 7 for me grew really large pods, thick walls with a more pleasant chinense smell then typical. With a slight exotic fruit smell, and taste with great heat. 

Here's a pic of some of the peppers I received from prodigalson, check out that yellow 7 top left  :dance:
pepsprod.jpg

Back