Fresh pod variety pack

I cut back all my plants in anticipation of a freeze and didn't bother to strip all the green pods. Was cleaning up the garden a bit today and lots of those pods have ripened. Hate to let them go to waste, so, if anyone would like a sampler pack for the cost of postage just chime in. I have 5 small flat rate priority boxes. Varieties will include some or all of the following: Fatali, Datil, Yellow 7 pod, Lemon Drop, Dorset Naga, Bhut Jolokia, Jamaican Hot Chocolate, and a couple unknowns.
The Nagas and bhuts have great flavor but aren't packing quite the heat they had a few weeks ago. When they're gone, they're gone. Plants are dead :( except for the ones I'm trying to overwinter.

Here's the goods. Sorry about the picture quality.
DSCN0031.jpg

Post here and send me a PM with your info. I'd like to complete this and have everything shipped out tomorrow morning.
USA folks only

Amazing offfer with a great variety! These should be gone in no time. I hope to be able to do something like this next year.

2 boxes left. Gotta take kid to geetar lesson. Post here to save your box. Ill be back later this evening.

All 5 boxes sealed up ready to go to the Post Office. Hope y'all enjoy. I had a nice fresh yellow 7 with supper. Sure am gonna miss that this winter. Have one fatali in the greenhouse loaded with pods, other than that it's powders and sauces now for a few months.
Toby

Well, everyone was speedy and I got everything ready to ship today. Guess what? It's Veterans Day and the Post Office closed. So, your pkgs will probably spend the weekend traveling.

A sincere thank you goes out to all veterans for serving.

Toby

Did anyone else's tracking show the package being scanned anywhere in AR? Mine was not scanned even once as it traveled across that state - for the last several days, it was not showing that the item had even been mailed yet! :confused: Apparently none of the postal workers out there know how to work a bar-code scanner? :rolleyes:

Anyways, package was processed through sort facility in Fort Worth at 2:12AM this morning, so should have fresh pods tomorrow - Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

BTW, as a result of recent (unrelated) events the last few days, I have lost all faith in the Post Office. I recently purchased an item off eBay, which was shipped using USPS with Delivery Confirmation. Tracking showed package arrived at my local Post Office at 5AM Friday, and was sorted and sent-out for delivery that morning.

Problem is, when I checked my mailbox that evening, my package was nowhere to be found! :think:

Things got even stranger when I checked the "Track & Confirm" site late that night, to see what had happened to my purchase - they claimed that the package had already been delivered, at ~9PM Friday night! (Mail normally gets delivered here at 2-3pm)

So I went back out and checked my mailbox again - STILL no package!!! :eek:

WTF???!

Mail delivery here is spotty at best, and often delayed, and there has been some suspicion that perhaps the local Post Office considered daily delivery of all the mail here to be "optional".

My best guess is that either the mailman was too busy to be bothered to deliver my package that day (or somebody screwed-up and put it on the wrong truck), and then when they got back that night, realized...

"Holy #^&$! - this package I didn't bother to deliver today has tracking, and was already scanned as having gone out on my truck for delivery today!"
So perhaps not wanting to admit what they had done (and/or damage their or their unit's performance #'s), I'm thinking some postal employee (or their manager?) got the bright idea of filing a FRAUDULENT Delivery Confirmation late Friday night!!! :shame: :liar:

I was HOPING that my purchase would "magically" show-up in my mail Saturday. But when I checked, it STILL had not arrived, and I began to worry that someone might have decided to "dispose of the evidence"???! :cry:

But then I noticed a package laying in the dirt about 20' away, way back in the enclosed area where only the mailman goes (you have to squeeze behind the mailboxes just to get there) to deliver the mail. So I went back there to look, and sure enough, there was my package! But all of the mailboxes are locked, so how did it end-up way back there on the ground?

And it wasn't someone trying to steal mail, as my package was still completely intact, and the seal unbroken!

Even weirder, I found this neatly placed back there AFTER the mailman had come by Saturday, and the package was located so it would have been in their line of sight directly in front of them in clear view when they proceeded behind the mailboxes to deliver the mail, with the white PayPal shipping label and large bar code clearly visible!

Luckily, I found my package before a thief did!

Even stranger, when I called 800-ASK-USPS about this, they claimed that someone had actually SIGNED for the package (it was sent regular First Class Mail, no sig even required, it should have just gone into my mailbox) - so they apparently forged a signature too!!! :shame:

I asked for a Postal Inspector to investigate this, I will also be contacting the local Postmaster after this weekend. I believe VERY STRONGLY that the post office employee(s) involved with this should face criminal charges, or AT THE VERY LEAST BE FIRED!!!

I do NOT want people who would do such a thing to be responsible for handling or delivering my mail!!!

If need be, I may put some public pressure to bear as well - the last thing the Post Office wants is a national news story about postal employees "faking" delivery of on-line purchases, right before the start of the Christmas Shopping Season! :rolleyes:

The worst part of this is, eBay/PayPal considers a USPS Delivery Confirmation to be "proof" that you actually received a package, so you would automatically loose any Buyer Protection or "Not Received" claim. So if a Post Office employee fakes a Delivery Confirmation to hide their own mistake, and you don't end-up actually receiving the package later, you're basically screwed!

laserguy-
this might add fuel to your fire, but...

when you also factor in shipping glass bottles filled and sealed with various liquids... that sit in delivery trucks or loading bays or left on doorsteps or in mailboxes...in the middle of winter in sub-zero temps....

(basic science fact...when a bottle filled with liquid freezes, the bottle breaks....)

how are sellers to guarantee their items will arrive in good condition between Oct15 and May22?

It's just an issue that has presented itself more than once to us in shipping things in the winter.

SL

Peppers arrived safe and sound today! Thanks T!

Split the box with my neighbor and he bit into the JHC and his face lit up with that look... you know the one the reviewers show when the heat starts to hit. It got him by surprise :rofl:

salsalady - Luckily, that package was a non-perishable item, else left on the ground like that, the ants might have had a field day! :eek:

But this sort of misconduct causes problems for Buyers AND Sellers! The seller sees the "confirmed" fake delivery date/time, and assumes the customer is lying; while the buyer who didn't get what he paid for (and is being called a liar too boot!), feels ripped-off and abused - neither side realizing that their mutual problem was actually caused by a dishonest postal employee! :shame:

when you also factor in shipping glass bottles filled and sealed with various liquids... that sit in delivery trucks or loading bays or left on doorsteps or in mailboxes...in the middle of winter in sub-zero temps....

(basic science fact...when a bottle filled with liquid freezes, the bottle breaks....)

how are sellers to guarantee their items will arrive in good condition between Oct15 and May22?

It's just an issue that has presented itself more than once to us in shipping things in the winter.
With regards to the specific problem you referenced, have you tried adding salt, or oil, or liquor :beer: , or something else, to help mitigate this?

Also, how do the "big boys" do it? I still see "Pace" on the store shelves in the dead of winter, and most commercial salsa is usually sold in glass containers. :think:

You might want to look into how the major salsa companies deal with this problem, perhaps then you can use some of the same solutions they do! :cool:

Checked my mail last night, found a box full of beautiful peppers! :woohoo:

Box was almost hermetically sealed with clear plastic shipping tape, and the pods were tucked away safely in a tie-wrapped plastic baggie inside.

You did a GREAT packing job, Tonly! :dance:

Some of the peppers had started to get moldy/bad, so I separated-out the worst ones, then put them all in the fridge for safekeeping, before passing-out for the night.

Looking forward to checking these out further later today, and will likely post more details / some questions then.

But these are some beautiful-looking peppers!

THANKS AGAIN, Tonly!!! :D - GREAT JOB!!!

Whooh thanks!! Cant wait to try my first yellow trinidad scorpion!! The package was FULL to the brim. Was not expecting nearly that many peppers thanks a million! Almost all survived and are in pretty darn good condition, there were only about 5 I had to toss, the rest wouldnt last too much longer so they are in my dehydrator and I saved the best few fresh ones for my dining pleasure! :dance: Thanks again Toby!

salsalady -
With regards to the specific problem you referenced, have you tried adding salt, or oil, or liquor :beer: , or something else, to help mitigate this?

Also, how do the "big boys" do it? I still see "Pace" on the store shelves in the dead of winter, and most commercial salsa is usually sold in glass containers. :think:

You might want to look into how the major salsa companies deal with this problem, perhaps then you can use some of the same solutions they do! :cool:

Thanks for the suggestions, laserguy. I'll see what I can find out in that area. Initially I'm thinking the producers have heated warehouses, and the distribution centers have heated warehouses, and I would guess there is some kind of climate control on the trucks that actually deliver to the stores specifically for that reason. It's not just glass jars that would suffer from being frozen.
It's the private delivery trucks (UPS, USPS, FEDEX) that load the trucks at night with unidentified cardboard boxes and then they sit outside until the driver comes to work in the morning....

OK- no more sidetracking...back on topic!

Just a hint for keeping the pods fresh, check out those VeggieFresh bags. They really do help to keep pods fresh in the refer. The ones I have are green and come in various sizes. I think Glad makes some, might be clear???!?!?

I had to pick a whole lot of green/semi-green pods because the weather was turning. I put them in brown paper bags, check daily, and as they ripen, into the veggie bags in the fridge, and when there was enough ripe pods....SAUCE!

Love Them PODS!

Whooh thanks!! Cant wait to try my first yellow trinidad scorpion!! The package was FULL to the brim. Was not expecting nearly that many peppers thanks a million! Almost all survived and are in pretty darn good condition, there were only about 5 I had to toss, the rest wouldnt last too much longer so they are in my dehydrator and I saved the best few fresh ones for my dining pleasure! :dance: Thanks again Toby!
Lazie, the roundish yellow pods with the tail or stinger are yellow 7 pods. I had one plant out of 7 all from the same source that produced these stinger pods. I didn't grow any scorpions this year. I should have labeled each variety for you but rushed through the packaging process.
Enjoy the pods. I was hoping to send enough to make a small batch of sauce or powder if anyone wanted to.

Salsalady, I have heard about those veggie bags. I'll have to get some for next season. I didn't know about the paper bag trick either. You can't walk through my backyard without stepping on a pepper. I probably let a bushel of pods go to waste.
I was thinking about your frozen merchandise problem. Is there an affordable hot pack you could use in the packages? The big names have the heated warehouses and the thermal mass of full pallets of product on their side.
Toby

Back