• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Fruit based sauce question

Stillmanz Inferno is fantastic. You can use this with everything as not too hot, the ingredients just go so well together. As you know it's proudly Australian, unlike your Fosters :)

I will be ordering tomorrow night.... bit late to go chasing it now.

Rainbowberry........ i get the felling your a bite fisherperson like me!

Not good enough for a bite tonight girl...... keep trying though hehe

i made a simple tomatoe based hot sauce a night or 2 ago with nothing but tomatoes, orange habs, goatsweed and cayenne chillis, heaps of garlic, oregano, rosmarry (should have left this out as its a bit woody and didnt blend in) and enough cider vinigar to cover everthing for a boil down to thickness.

Bloody nice wit ha nice srong heat the builds slowly and lasts for ages!

I love making chilli sauce.

cheers

cheers

kato said:
You can purchase mango puree or frozen mango chunks & use.

Where?

I have checked the local grocery stores for canned mangoes, and the store managers just give me funny looks when I ask.

tony05 said:
Rainbowberry........ i get the felling your a bite fisherperson like me!

Not good enough for a bite tonight girl...... keep trying though hehe

What the hell does that mean Tony? :) Anyway definately try Stillmanz Inferno, I loved it.

ditto for the stillmanz inferno - i always have an open jar that im sampling a few times a week....well almost every day, and a backup bottle in the cupboard. As soon as the backup gets opened, I'm looking to stock up.
Great all rounder sauce.

Ahhhh Rainbowberry..... i was just saying you were fishing for a bite on the fosters thing.

Fishing for a bite is australian for tryig to stir someone up.

and saying australians drink fosters is like saying english drink vegimite on toast........ it just doesnt happen!

we both grow chillis thoughgwhifck id the majic

cheers linr

I read the link to the pH thread but didnt see anything on what the pH of the sauce should be? perhaps i missed it. I have a good quality pH meter and buffer solution for calibration already.... cost me $300 AU a few years back

cheers

tony05 said:
I read the link to the pH thread but didnt see anything on what the pH of the sauce should be? perhaps i missed it. I have a good quality pH meter and buffer solution for calibration already.... cost me $300 AU a few years back

cheers

Less than 4 pH is a safe bet.

Well i made sauce.

Its awsome!!!!!!!

here is my recipe.

1 large ripe mango
1/2 a very ripe paw paw
1 large ripe peach, skin removed.
juice of 3 large limes (1/3 cup)
1/4 cup cider vinigar
i whole cinemon stick
10 large (Australian hehe) orange habaneros.

I chopped the habs into 3 or 4 pieces each, and no de-seeding here!!!
They got chucked into a heavy based pot with the lime juice, vinigar and cinemon stick, and simmered for 10 min with the lid on the pot.
I added the chopped peach and pawpaw and simmered gently for a further 5 minuites. I then added the mango and simmered it for a nother few minuites, removed from heat, let cool for a bit and processed till smooth.

after trying stillmanz fantastic sauce (Jerk and Inferno) im ratting this sauce at 12/10. Its a lot hotter but its only a few days old and Stillmanz's sauce has matured a bit more. It has a fantastic thick consistancy. It sits on your finger as a blob if you know what i mean.....its not runny. i have a pic of it on my finger but im having trouble with photobucket tonight..... later.

here it is in the bottle. I made 750ml of it for $6. its a fantastic.... almost glow in the dark golden colour!

chillisauceinbottle.jpg

cheers

Looks good mate, not as good as mine but good......lol

No salt or sugar?
you'll find by experimenting with salt and sugar, that its a good way to help control (read even out) heat.

Ahhhhh didnt take you long hehe

No sugar or salt. The heat was a bit much for some others that tried it but i put it on pork chops like tomatoe sauce on a pie. I regret it the next day but its worth it.

Once my inferno bottle is empty (wont be long.... its yum, but not as good as mine) i will top up the bottle and send it back to you. Id love your opinion.

Its basicly hab hot fruit puree!

We only live once folks!

cheers

PS..... where can i obtain a couple of dozen small chilli sauce type bottles? I love making sauce as "no reason" gifts for family and friends.

just need some small bottles to spread the love/heat but only can find big bottles.

cheers again

Back