• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fun and Cheap Hot Sauce Garden

The first plate above is a very large Douglah that I came across in a seed trading parcel. It looks a lot like the Choco Hab and Black Congo I have going and smoother than the other Douglahs I grew this year. It's a much better producer that the other Douglahs, very hot and delicious. Here's some I used for seeds and an interior shot.
IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

It doesn't produce as many with the characteristic stinger shape, but the Trinidad Scorpion seeds I have by way of ChadS may be the best I've grown, and I've grown a fair amount.
IMG_9551.jpg

Naga Morich also from ChadS
IMG_9562.jpg

Mesilla Cayenne is great for adding body and flavor to sauce:
IMG_9563.jpg

Finally, here are some shots of sauces being simmered:

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

Just found some older pics Naga, Scorpion, Bhut & Yellow Scorpion CARDI:
IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

That's it for now.

Thanks Dot Com, Megamoo and OMRI. I'd call this a successful season, but I can do much better. It's also been strangely cold in SoCal, especially near the coast. I'd love to build a greenhouse over my Black Naga, but I also am looking foward to a major cleanup. I don't want to take care of that many plants over the winter and will start most fresh. Anyway, I don't have much time to write a post, but these pictures are getting stale.

Sauce making:
IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9568-1.jpg

These tiny containers in flood and drain hydroponics were nice and easy:
IMG_9570.jpg

Sold a bunch of big boxes. Thanks guys!
IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_9574.jpg

TBC....

More:
IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_9581.jpg

IMG_9583.jpg

That's it for now. Upcoming harvest of more bird and sweet types plus:
Fatalii :mouthonfire: , Yellow Scorpion, Douglah OP :hell: , Black Naga :onfire: , Naga Morich, Bhut Jolokia, Yellow Bhut, Aji Crystal, Aji LemonDrop

Thanks friends. I've posted a lot of pod shots, but haven't shown off my garden in a while. It looked a lot better in the summer, but here's what's going on now:

I'm dumping out my container mix in this new raised bed. That's the Black Naga plant in the second bed in.
IMG_9614.jpg

This shot isn't very good, but I did some plants in straw bales. It's working pretty well. I'm dong more next year:
IMG_9616.jpg

Some other stuff in large containers:
IMG_9617.jpg

More containers. The Orange Rocoto is a nice one (was supposed to be Red), and the "yellow orange bird" is a great, but very tall plant:
IMG_9619.jpg

Last I have a few more pod shots. The last of the last Douglah OPs that were too ripe to ship. These are strong in flavor and heat. Very unique.

IMG_9630.jpg

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9632.jpg

IMG_9634.jpg

That's it for now. Happy Thanksgiving!

Back