• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Gassy's 2012/2013 Glog thingy

Well, Spring has arrived here in the Land of Oz and it's all starting to happen. I thought I would quit being a lazy bones and start a glog this season. Even though I'm so far behind where I had planned to be at this point, things are running along smoothly enough. I released some Neoseiulus californicus predator mites about a month ago to take care of my broad mite problem and so far, they are being amazing. A month later and I have yet to see any new signs of broad mite activity. It is still early days though and time will tell just how effective the little buggers are. And of course, I still have to get on top of the fruit fly problem (not looking forward to that one). With Spring here and new pods forming, the little bastages can't be too far around the corner. :(

A few piccies to get the show on the road. Not gonna backtrack or anything now... just some random shots of some of what's going on.

Rooster Spur - putting out first pods:

IMG_8018.JPG

Aji Amarillo x Yellow Trinidad Scorpion F2's:

IMG_8039.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8051.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8035.JPG

No chemicals in use here anymore - ladybug and lacewing eggs: :cool:

IMG_8005.JPG

Overwinters...

NOT Dorset Naga - coming into third year:

IMG_8002.JPG

Trinidad Scorpion ButchT - coming into third year:

IMG_8043.JPG

CGN 21500 - coming into second year:

IMG_8032.JPG

CGN 21566 - coming into second year:

IMG_8046.JPG

Pimenta da Neyde - coming into second year:

IMG_8029.JPG

Thanks for looking! :dance:

"I got the seeds from a local bloke M`lud" :rofl:

Mezo.

Hey... I ain't no snitch!

They could have come from anywhere. I don't remember now. Do you know how many different vendors/people I have recieved seeds from?

Or come to think of it... maybe they came from that Mezo bloke who seems hellbent on giving me a hard time?? :P

photo-5914.gif

"I'm innocent!"

BANG,BANG-OPEN UP WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE, DON'T TRY TO GIVE US ANY OF THAT PUMPKIN CRAP YOU CAPSAICINAL DEVIANT!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Knock Knock

who`s there?

Aqis

Aqis who?

"Dont be a smart arse Mr Gas open the door or Mr Boot (size 15) is opening the door for us"

Mezo.

Just a small update....

Pitanga

IMG_9014.JPG

Datil x Limon

IMG_9002.JPG

Rocoto Aji Largo still putting out new pods...

IMG_9028.JPG

Mystery volunteer no longer a mystery. It has to be Chenzo...

IMG_9024.JPG

Looking awesome again gas. I have to ask what is the chenzo ?? I only ask because it looks extremely similar to my kerinting hybrid (which I only named that due to the fact it came out of the kerinting seed from pepper lover)

Fudge me! I just got axed by a Spanish Naga before. Dunno if it's just because I haven't munched a fresh superhot in a while but it felt like the hottest thing I've had yet. Pwoar!

Looking awesome again gas. I have to ask what is the chenzo ?? I only ask because it looks extremely similar to my kerinting hybrid (which I only named that due to the fact it came out of the kerinting seed from pepper lover)

Umm, not sure exactly. I grew it last season but don't know much about it. Bred in the UK apparently. Claimed to be a frutescens but I wonder if it is the result of an interspecific cross?

http://www.chileseed...epper_seeds.htm
http://www.nickys-nu...10-chilli-seeds
http://vegetalis.co....i-pepper-chenzo
http://www.sowseeds....illi-seeds.html

It's foliage/growth habit is quite unique. I can't put my finger on it, but it's like nothing I've seen before. The leaves just look different... if you know what I mean.

Haha funny gas I got a good hurry up tonight from my first fresh yellow 7 pot pod ... not axed but more knifed momentarily ... it felt good :D

First for the season not first ever

Nice Gas, how's the Datil x Limòn cross?
Original varieties are real winners in my book for both flavor and production!

Cya

Datil

Haha funny gas I got a good hurry up tonight from my first fresh yellow 7 pot pod ... not axed but more knifed momentarily ... it felt good :D

First for the season not first ever

It DOES feel good! :D

Nice Gas, how's the Datil x Limòn cross?
Original varieties are real winners in my book for both flavor and production!

Cya

Datil

Gonna munch one later. I did have a go of 'em last season but I forgot what they taste like now. I remember I wasn't really into 'em though.... but I like the plant, so I kept it. :D

yea umm that pumpkin sure is looking like its doing great... LOL

Heheheh. ;)

Some poddage....

Guntur Sannam

IMG_9073.JPG

Kung Pao

IMG_9074.JPG

Biker Billy - these have gotten big!

IMG_9064.JPG

Snow White - I've never seen a true white pod before. Amazing!

IMG_9052.JPG

TS Moruga - It's about time!

IMG_9051.JPG

TS ButchT

IMG_9054.JPG

NuMex Halloween - a bit late

IMG_9084.JPG

Next gen Yellow Wasps - not half as impressive as it's parent

IMG_9034.JPG

CAP 1035 Type II - I love the shape of these!

IMG_9033.JPG

Backcross - Aji Amarillo x Yellow TS x Yellow TS - hopefully will get some interesting results from this...

IMG_9112.JPG

Nice gassious.... very nice.

Just a quick q. Does the TS Morouga have any dimpling or is it smooth skinned?? Mine is incredibly dimpled but yours appears very smooth?? Maybe just a weird angle on the photo??

Things are looking great, Gassy. Lots of pods being pumped out. Is this still your Spring down there, or are you into Summer yet? Plenty of green pods and some ripening. Seems like when you get to that point, there's always something newly ripened. Nice.

Nice gassious.... very nice.

Just a quick q. Does the TS Morouga have any dimpling or is it smooth skinned?? Mine is incredibly dimpled but yours appears very smooth?? Maybe just a weird angle on the photo??

Thanks Trips. It has very slight dimpling... the shot is just a little out of focus. It's still early days too but I'm hoping it develops into gnarly dimpliness! Not going to be impressed if it doesn't.

Things are looking great, Gassy. Lots of pods being pumped out. Is this still your Spring down there, or are you into Summer yet? Plenty of green pods and some ripening. Seems like when you get to that point, there's always something newly ripened. Nice.

Thanks Doc. Still spring for another month. Ripening is good right now... but when isn't it? ;): Early pods before the fruit fly arrive. Think I might be seeing some of the first puncture marks on the NOT Dorset. :mad: Pod destroying bugs seem to be highly attracted to that thing... might make a good trap plant. :think:

I still cant belive how many pods you guys have already, just bieng inland a bit makes all the difrence im still at the flower stage.

Mezo.

I still cant belive how many pods you guys have already, just bieng inland a bit makes all the difrence im still at the flower stage.

Mezo.
Daisy chains don't count mez ;) :D. Nah seriously it is interesting how varied seasons are based on coastal proximity

The inevitable....

IMG_9157.JPG

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Too sick today to get really stuck into it, but I started bagging some pods today. It looks friggin' stupid... and not to mention it's gonna be a gigantic PITA. My original plan of bagging individual pods is gonna be too much work. Might have to look at bagging whole branches.

IMG_9188.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

Poor Bonda ma Jacques. Such a nice healthy little plant, loading itself with pods, now reduced to looking like a ridiculous fool. :(

Hey Trips... might have been on the mushies the other day afterall..... ;)

IMG_9128.JPG

Back