• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Germinating at work

Here are two seeds that germinated on my desk this week. I just put the seeds in some soil on top of paper towels in a plastic wine glass I found at work in the storage closet. I keep them under a grow light stuck in a desk lamp. It's a 7 pot red and a limon. Thanks to Capitone for the free seeds.
The bigger plants are Habineros Iv'e been growing.

DSCN7871.jpg
DSCN7873.jpg
DSCN7874.jpg

Yeah man...those plants look REALLY healthy! Keep up the good "work!"
Get it? I said "work" because he's at "work"....and he's actually not "working" because he is planting seeds...at "work"...get it?

Yeah man...those plants look REALLY healthy! Keep up the good "work!"
Get it? I said "work" because he's at "work"....and he's actually not "working" because he is planting seeds...at "work"...get it?

I pull my green thumb outta my butt at lunch time and generally come in early to mess with the plants. "butt" that said, good pun! My boss came to my desk a few days ago and inquired as to what the hell I was growing at work. :eek: He was also quite impressed by the Thai peppers growing on the window sill. :clap:

not to be the doomsayer but,

you need to provide drainage for those before you drown them

i would repot or pot up to something designed to allow drainage :eek:

not to be the doomsayer but,

you need to provide drainage for those before you drown them

i would repot or pot up to something designed to allow drainage :eek:

Actually Iv'e germ'd several plants this way. They seem to do really well I generally just keep the soil damp. I'll re-pot soon though.

Niiice....I think I need to try another Limon. I may even bring it into work since you seem to have so much luck at the office. :)

hmm..never thought about that but bringing plants to work might not be to bad of an idea...75 degrees in here..and a boat load of T5's right above my desk :)

I have a small aerogarden at my desk. Its been here for about 2 years. I've first grew basil, then moved to super chillis (which did well), and then thai birds eye pepper which did great (lots of pruning to keep the size small). Both grew chillis. Right now i'm trying my hand at bhut jolokia. I had some extra seeds that germinated so rather than throw them, i just put them into my aerogarden. Its just a experiement.

Just had my first pepper ripen. My Habs are also doing quite well for being inside. I took one home and set it outside. I'm curious how it will do I think it's still getting over the transplant shock.

f2586f44.jpg

1fe1fd83.jpg

Back