• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Germination on Steroids

I Love being told "that won't work" it Inspires me,

So when said "im gonna get some seeds going,, deseed the frozen Naga's, get a waterbed heater and do heaps "

"Ok that is Soo not going to work, frozen seeds won't sprout for a start, and the water bed heater thats more stupid than the electric blanket idea"

well it may work and it may Not, thats not the Point.

step 1, get a waterbed heater, they are huge and im not Paying $250 for a double heat pad.. this was $45

100_0614.jpg

then filled my trays with my special seed raising mix and put 200+ Morich seeds in 1, 200+ Bih in 1 and 200+ Dorsets in 1,, that should heat things up a bit if grow..

100_0615.jpg

RingBurn Dave showed me the bunnings thermometers so got 3 of them,,then put on waterbed and adjust temp.. and wait till heats and wait, then wait and wait some.. then get this

100_0623.jpg

wish i took a pic at 4am as went had a look, it was steaming as was 8 C ,, Ok lets wait and see what happens...

so now she calls me "Tim the Toolman" of the plant world. lol

theHippySeedCo said:
I Love being told "that won't work" it Inspires me....

Ringsting showed me the bunnings thermometers

I'd like to take the credit, but it wasn't me... Good idea tho'.

Brrr!! 8C! I just spent a week in country Victoria, where their highs are the low temps up here. I thank my wife for encouraging the move north!

RS

So Neil, when you going to swap the 350W for the 100W like the guy from the shop told you too? ;)

I saw the number on the sticker on the mat, and rang the dude enquiring on prices. He was saying that the 350W is going to burn out on you, I sincerely hope it doesnt :(

Yea Dave, Fixd it.. thaks, naga confusion...

Im not, its Great 27 - 31 no probs, but im gonna get a 100 watt too, if this goes goood.. or a WHOLE waterbed as would be large ares,, :)

why would a 350W burn out, used on setting 1, and a 100Watt be good ? he is a reallly Bright man :)
if i was using Jiffy Pots, the 100W be goood , just checked Room 11.5C and all 3 28.9 - 29.7 C so im Rapt,, goood he's a waterbed guy , should stick to that

now you got me thinking..what a great idea indeed was thinking about a heating mat..but the waterbed mats are so cheap definetly worth an experiment..thx indeed :)

I used a waterbed heater last year and it worked great. Kept a glass lid over the grow box and maintained 88 degree temp.

Mike

yea, all goood, been between 29 - 32 C No Drama's,
the waterbed dude, emailed saying it was Nogood, too hot and to Buy 1 for $99,, double the price of this 1..

yea Talas, try find 1.. i ofter see em on side of the road in throw outs but never thought i could use 1,, so keeping eye out now..

i will Syd, thanks Mate

Rock 'n Roll man...that's pretty sweet!

Heh, I'd asked my sis if she still had her old one, but alas she pitched it. :(

Dern throwaway culture around here...ugh.

Best wishing for pepper domination mate.

Update:

well 1st Thank you mr Waterbed guy,, "oh that 350watt will burn out buy the lesser powered 100watt at Double the Price, that's what ya need"

no it doesn't work, heres tonights temps at 1.30am

100_0625.jpg

Buttttttttt, strange things are a foot and the laws of nature and physics are being challenged
Ok,, its 1.30am and the temps are as you see 9C .. the waterbed heater is on Level 1 of 8 and the temps are like that..

But tomorrow at 11am when its like 16 C ,, i will have to turn the Heater UP to Level 2 as the Temp of the trays drops to bout 27C, even though thats ok i like 30c..

Then ill go in tomorrow night and it will be bout 11C, and ill have to turn down to level 1 as it will be 32.3C or so..

So when its hotter outside in the room i have to turn it up, but when its colder in the room i turn it Down ? weird..

oh well still going good, so at least its working..

:)

today is Day 7 and this morning when i went out to have a look i discovered this,,
waterbedthingy.jpg

so 2 of 3 things i wanted to know have happened..

1, yes a 350watt waterbed heater does work, wont burn out either..
2, The Dorsets that popped up were from Dried chilli's, the others not up yet were from Frozen,, so Fresh Dried pops up Faster,, 7 days..

now will 3, happen, frozen seeds for 2 months, will they pop up and when..

patience lol

Back