• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds germination tips

well something popped up and it wasn't what i planted. lol.

recycled seed. mystery plant it will be.

P1000268.jpg

hehe recycle potting mix. hmm i wonder if my bhut jolokia seeds will germinate as i just threw them on my raise bed after waiting for more than a month or 2.

This is what I've been doing,

the netting is doubled on top, and I add another layer for the midday sun. 39 degrees yesterday! At night I pop a sheet of wood on top in case it rains.
DSC00076.jpg

I tried just a few to start with. Seeds sown on the 18th April, seems to be working so I added the top right tray on the 23rd, hoping to see some hooks there soon.
DSC00078.jpg

Good luck All, Ezzer.

This is what I've been doing,

the netting is doubled on top, and I add another layer for the midday sun. 39 degrees yesterday! At night I pop a sheet of wood on top in case it rains.
DSC00076.jpg

I tried just a few to start with. Seeds sown on the 18th April, seems to be working so I added the top right tray on the 23rd, hoping to see some hooks there soon.
DSC00078.jpg

Good luck All, Ezzer.
nice small green house. :) what is it sitting on ? it looks like stone? won't it get too hot?? the stone i mean. it will dry your soil mix fast.

Never thought of that Srin! It doesn't seem to have been a problem but a wooden board has just been placed under the trays. Better safe than sorry, thanks for the warning. I would hate to lose them now. The first batch, 3 red Habs sown/ 3 germinated, 3 Ring of Fire/3 germinated, 5 curry peppers/4 germinated, 5 Yellow Habs/ 2 germinated and 6 Numex Suave/3 germinated. It's only been 9 days since they were sown. I like the 'Mother Nature' approach!

Back