• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

grantmichaels said:
i am doing it ... right now.

the key is that i'm still doing it 6 weeks from now, in the midst of work's busy season ...

and 6 weeks after that ...

and 500x more 6 weeks intervals after that ...

lol.
Fuct 6 weeks from now. You just make sure you seize the day.

Bumper said:

I also realise that at 38 if I don't get back into a routine, a whole bunch of chronic disease would be no doubt in my future.   

You said it.  Im  right there with you. Screw getting old,fat and lazy. YOLO ;)  And us old dudes really know what that means. 

I busted 77 miles in the last three days,very tired. Every ride was a diffrent style but they were all equally hard. Tomorrow is kangaroo day so its my rest day. Which still includes a few hours of chores :mope:    

SmokenFire said:
VERY inspiring! :)
I hope and want it to be. This thread is about changing your life and the more the merrier.

Rawkstah said:
Woke up earlier than usual to get stuff done for a deadline, and instead of going back to bed/lounging around I laced up and went for a quick run.  After the run I did some calisthenics stuff and tai chi at the park, came home and finished off the work out with some static holds.  A martial arts friend turned me on to static holds recently after I had complained about not achieving the physical goals I was shooting for, even though I felt like I was putting the sweat in.   Some of them seem really simple, but they are tougher than they appear.  I google searched for an image to give you guys an idea of what I'm talking about

Holding-it-Tight-%E2%80%93-Static-Holds-Workout-Routine-featured.jpg

Try some of that!  I also have been doing more balance work because I've been slacking in that department.  That stuff is great for your core!  
There is nothing about any of that,that looks easy,lol.  

Everyone is doing so well! It is great to see people getting results!

Today, we rode out in the swamp. Got in 35 miles at an average 12.2 mph. This is a personal best!.....

Then we came home and I shovelled 1500 lbs of landscaping rock....screw weights for me.....this was the 7th load....you all can do the math ......I wouldn't have been able to do any of this 6 months ago

Dinner.

about 1400 calories today plus whatever this is

XYzQ3mR.jpg

If I can make it 3 days....

Theres a bunch of oranges, kale, cannabis leaves, radish, ginger, broccoli, carrots, parsley, strawberries

SmokenFire said:

Care to share a recipe?   :)
Im thining sprinkle whatever you like in the quanity you like.  By the way your jerky was great :dance:  Put that mix on some kale and send me some,lol.     Ok guess im trying kale chips. Buying kale in the next couple days,I think? Never have looked for it. Lady Sic,will you please look for some kale. Them stores to scary fo me :eek:    

Just thought??  Guess we can grow some? Kale it is. Im growing some kale and thats it,only thing we eat :rofl:  :rofl:

Kale is a fall growing crop, so if you plant kale now you should be good to go although I don't know how much of a "fall season" you have.  Smoken I'll get you the recipe hopefully by tonight, I'm running off to a meeting and I have to dig it up. 

I squeezed in a quick workout between work/laundry/ and this upcoming meeting... snapped a dirty mirror selfie, I've been trying to improve my upper body strength since about March.  
SVuoAD7.jpg

Getting started..I do some oranges first so everything else goes into an anti-oxidant. lol?

n55vMvs.jpg

Done. About 34oz of oranges, kale, kannabis leaves, parsley, carrots, strawberries, celery. I dunno if I forgot anything I used. I'm well over the 1000cc mark on the cup. Oh ya broccoli.

OCkYRmV.jpg

I did get a walk in last night. Going again later.

Oh and ginger.

Got my workout for the day. Now to go sweat the rest out at work.
Rawkstah said:

I squeezed in a quick workout between work/laundry/ and this upcoming meeting... snapped a dirty mirror selfie, I've been trying to improve my upper body strength since about March.  
SVuoAD7.jpg
Lokkin' good, Rawk!

Ok,enough. Next time I see you Rawk we are arm wrestling,lol.

Had a great day of fitness. 29 miles on the bike. Ran three and walked three.  So glad to be back into running,its something I have ejoyed for most of my life.  Also my drumming has improved so much with out even "practicing" The BIKE is good!

Heckle said:
Watch out. Eat too much kale and you wont be able to fit the other 3900 calories in your stomach.
:rofl:

TrueNorthReptiles said:
Lokkin' good, Rawk!
+1   Ninjas have to look that way ;)

Did well at the grocery store today, again, which I find to be one of the supremely effective moments to focus your efforts on whatever your goal is.

It's a lot easier to fight the battle at the point of acquisition, than to struggle against yourself every day between shopping trips.

I bought lettuce, cauliflower, zuccini, lean ground beef, pickles, diet pockets made from oats and flax (50 cal), and sauerkraut - it can't really go all that wrong no matter what I do ...

Freedom in constraint ...

Four days of rainbow juice w/little to no food and you dont even want to eat.

Even driving by the likes of Burger King and Applebees with supersmell from not eating and I just kept going. Grocery stores are easier then too but if I go during that 4 days watch out.

Hitting 4 days though...

Its also when the NRG kicks in.

No upper body lifting for me for a bit. Jacked up my wrist pretty bad at work last night and can't put any weight on it. It'll be a brace for a while. I'll use this time to work on cardio, core and legs.

TrueNorthReptiles said:
No upper body lifting for me for a bit. Jacked up my wrist pretty bad at work last night and can't put any weight on it. It'll be a brace for a while. I'll use this time to work on cardio, core and legs.
heal fast. Got a fifty mile ride in the morning. It's going to be great. Tonight hot wings!

Back