• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting old sucks

cruzzfish said:
Now would be a bad time to point out that my grandparents are 95?

Congrats though!
Yah that's up there in age but 95 and still ticking that's great my wife is 48 her parents had her in there 40's she never got to
Get to no her grand parents really well I feel blessed I still have a grand dad still alive but don't get to spend any time with him
Being I'm in arkansas and he is in indiana.

45 is OLD?

Since when?

I'll be 60 in a month +.

I'm NOT old yet.
Smarter and a bit slower,but not old or anywhere near used up.

The only time I thought 30-45 was old was when I was a pre teen.

My parents were old....  LOL

Dad and Mom are in their 90's taking care of 10 acres of land ,a pack of dogs and 2 donkeys.
They are 5+ miles from town.

The house is off the grid also.

Old is a state of mind.

meinchoh said:
Congrats!!! By the way, your body and your mind will tell you when you're getting old!
The last 5 months I been working 12 hour days 6 days a week my body says it's getting old really fast
Hope I only got another month left of that work schedule.........

Congrats Future Gramps !  :beer:

I'll be 55 this year with 2 grand-kids already. It's just a number, hell I can outdo most 46 year olds  LOL

Life is Awesome ! Enjoy It !

It's the milestones racing by us that make us feel old. News like this is only the start - when the baby is born you'll think you just received the announcement yesterday. When the baby takes first steps, you'll be certain they were just born. When the child graduates from kindergarten, you'll wonder how that much time went by so quickly. Senior prom and off to college when you KNOW the kid just graduated from kindergarten….. It's all in the mind? Ha! 

But you want to beat that? Take a class. Then another. And work out. These days you need to stay in the game and even keep ahead of it. Getting older does not have to mean letting your mind and body go to pot. Your grandchild will look at you with a beaming face and tell everyone "that's my grandpa!" 

Congrats!

Screw the being older thing as a disadvantage.

If you are smart you'll try and keep your shit together and use age to make up for all the crap your kids put you through growing up etc.
Since people seem to think 40-50 is old,play the game.

Spoil the grandkids rotten. LOL

Give them the toys that Mom and Dad can't afford or won't buy them.

It's pay back time. :)

I'm 45+ and can't remember stuff...did I do or say that? 

If YOU think you are old,You'll be old.

IF others think you are old,and you don't,it's time to have some fun at their expense.
You paid your dues,time to have some fun.  LOL

An example of old fart power is at Christmas buy stuff that makes lots of noise or needs lots of batteries OFTEN.
In my younger days a lot of kids toys were very annoying.
A few that come to mind were drums,bagpipes,whistles,flutes etc.
The best was a pinball machine from toys R us.
No where near full sized but just as loud.
Lots of fun to give...

Don't talk to me about being old. I just turned 45 today!  But I have classmates who have great grandchildren already.  That's nuts!

Congratulations!

I just became a Grandfather this year myself at 54, consider it lucky that you are still young enough to enjoy the Grand kids and their shenanigans. If you were in your 60's it might not be as fun. So have a blast spoiling the kid rotten and then when it's time to wipe something or change something just hand him back to dad ;) 

Back