• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Giant Pumpkin+veg. GLOG!!!

Mathias Willemijms, of Belgium, crushed the existing world record for growing a giant pumpkin with a 2,623.5 pound (1190.5 kg) entry in the European Championships held in Ludwigsburg, Germany on October 8. The old record of 2,324 pounds had stood for two years.

People have talked about 2,500 pounds in the same breathless tones as space travel to Mars. Mathias blew right through that one.

Magged Out said:
Had I taken your advice and cut 1 pumpkin off. I'd of got a ribbon. Got beat by 2-3 lbs..
maybe!  I know how hard it is to cut off pumpkins though, I never want to put all my eggs in one basket!
I guess the key is to grow more than one vine!

Pulled some huge seeds out the smaller pumpkin. I feel Dirty making some homemade seeds too snack on
20161024_125730.jpg

Just a little update...Well no pumpkin this season but I will be growing tomatoes. Arizona Pumpkin Growers club is having a seed auction to fund costs to get us a spot in the county fair in September, donating a few odds and ends, of course throwing in some superhot seeds ;). Still a bit early to start anything, but the guys in the southern most part of the state are getting ready to plant their weighoff plants for the weighoff in May. Seems like a really early weighoff, but that is just the reality of growing in the warm parts of AZ, too hot to grow through the summer, with frequent temps in the 120°f(48°c) range.

Can't wait to see pictures soon David!

How do you actually weigh that thing? Is it on a scale permanently?

na no scale, through measurements.  In the USA they have been growing these pumpkins for a long time and have figured out a formula to work out the weight from 3 different measurments.

Back