• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Gold in my guitar?

IMG_20190309_123530.jpg

Yup, took about two hours to complete the whole project. 99% noise free now even in my electrically noisy recording studio. Modded my 5 string yesterday, added a bypass switch so I can switch between active and passive mode, plus center position is off for muting the guitar.

I have a $100 chinese p-bass with quarter-pound pickups and flea edition ghs boomers thats been fret leveled/crowned/polished, and an ibanez gsr 5-string. Also in the house is an ibanez rs series and a chinese telecaster clone, that is also fret leveled. Fret leveling is a long tedious process, but it makes the cheap guitars play better than most of the expensive guitars do when they're brand new. Time to save up for a set of electric drums, and a midi keyboard.....

IMG_20190309_131939.jpg

Its ok. Everybody assumes I'm a hippie pothead when they see me, because i have long curly hair and a full beard.... They're not totally wrong, marriage and kids changed my priorities. As for my taste in music, almost anything, bit i am a metal head at heart, though i do listen to a lot of modern pop music, but mostly perform modern rock and metal. I've been playing intruments since i was 5 years old, i can play more than 30 different instruments. My favorites are bass guitar, drums and bass clarinet (for jazz music).

Back